Water's getting colder in Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2TH DIVR

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Got out today with Florida West.
The water temp was 61, vis was 2'-3'
Sure glad I didn't sell the dry suit when I moved to FL.

Psst - winter started 2 days ago. :frosty:

I'm headed for the Keys Sunday, with a 5 mil and a 7. I always take the one I hope to wear and the next one - in part because I have had a zipper fail on a trip. :11:

2th diver - how did you do? I am scheduled to go out with them on Monday but the weather forecast looks bad.

LOL,

cmon, you guys.. whats wrong w/ 61* water?
Here in MA we are working our ways down to the 30's.

bikeflip, when your used to diving in 90 degree water for 5 months of the year, 61 causes some mild discomfort :wink:

CBulla:
bikeflip, when your used to diving in 90 degree water for 5 months of the year, 61 causes some mild discomfort :wink:
<<< And when you're a granddad...!

I did all right with a 1/2 dozen small megs, but nothing really great.
A few really nice ones were found by others onboard.
I will be there Monday weather permittting.

DandyDon:
<<< And when you're a granddad...!

Dude... I'm only going on 32 (in a few weeks)!!! While technically this is completely possible that I could be a grandfather, I'm telling ya, I only have two children that I know of and they are nowhere near the age of procration so I think I'm safe from the Grandpa title for a while! :D

Hey 2th.. keep on posting this info bro, it may be chilly, but I can tell ya, some of us like to know what options are open! It may be out of the dive menu for a while though as the temps there will get into the low 50's :D

CBulla:
Dude... I'm only going on 32 (in a few weeks)!!! While technically this is completely possible that I could be a grandfather, I'm telling ya, I only have two children that I know of and they are nowhere near the age of procration so I think I'm safe from the Grandpa title for a while! :D
Damn, you're only my daughter's age? ok...

I was referencing myself, tho - you didn't notice the arrows? <<<

Also a good idea to keep recent shoulder operations warm, eh?

I think I'll just start with the 7 mil Monday, get my weight adjusted, and stick with it. Getting chilled greatly reduces the fun factor. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom