Tampa Area Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I may be in Tampa the first week in February. Can anyone give me the lowdown on what kind of diving goes on in that area? I'm not really into wrecks, but I'm partial to shore diving. I don't recall ever hearing any talk of diving on the Gulf side of the state...

I guess another option would be to drive over to the Atlantic side (Daytona, Melbourne). How's the diving over there?

Thanks.

mccabejc:
I may be in Tampa the first week in February. Can anyone give me the lowdown on what kind of diving goes on in that area? I'm not really into wrecks, but I'm partial to shore diving. I don't recall ever hearing any talk of diving on the Gulf side of the state...

I guess another option would be to drive over to the Atlantic side (Daytona, Melbourne). How's the diving over there?

Thanks.

to the east coast. After red tide there is still nothing in this area.

Yeah, after some research I'm starting to think I'll make the drive over to Ft. Lauderdale area for a few days after I'm done in Tampa. I've had enough red tide here in So. Cal. this year...

mccabejc:
Yeah, after some research I'm starting to think I'll make the drive over to Ft. Lauderdale area for a few days after I'm done in Tampa. I've had enough red tide here in So. Cal. this year...

I have never seen it as bad as this year. I was sat at a boat ramp/docks the other day having a coffee and watching two guys using a cast net for bait fish. One hour later not one fish. Mean while the local spearos are going off shore to hunt !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom