Diving in Daytona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrep1

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi everyone.

I'm going to spend a few days between Christmas and New Years in Daytona. (12/28 to 01/02) I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on dive shops/operators in the Daytona area?

I find it very difficult to go somewhere and not dive:wink:

I'm also wondering what interesting diving activities there is in the area for someone that mostly does diving up north in the St-Lawrence river. I'll have a non-diver, future diver with me.

Any input will be greatly appreciated...

André

Welcome to Florida. I don't know of any Charters in that area, but there is a great one in Jupiter.... Let me know through a PM if you are interested. It is a little drive, but it will be worth it.....

try sea dogs, dove with them a few times. North Florida has a lot better diving than people give it credit for but at this time of the year weather can be bad.

Sea Dogs does a nice job. Went out on a two tank dive to the Maxine-D and the Antilles. Two great wrecks about 16miles off shore in about 95fsw. The Antilles had a group of four Goliath Groupers that were pretty impressive! Nice dives!!

Sea Dog Divers is right there in New Smyrna Beach (immediately south of Daytona). I've never been out with them but have heard good things. A couple of buddies and I tend to venture out on our own, but I'd like to dive w/ those guys.

There are a couple of wrecks off the coast of New Smyrna My dive buddy and I went out a couple of months ago and did a 446ft. liberty ship about 10 miles straight out of Ponce Inlet. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the wreck. When we went, vis was about 30' and water temp was 74 degrees. The wreck is HUGE and the top deck of the ship is around 70 feet. Lot's of good life down there (saw a MONSTER of Goliath Grouper). This is one you would dive a couple of times to see it all.

Hope this helps! Best.

Sea Dogs sound nice. I will contact them...

As far as diving/snorkeling with manatees, it seems we have to go on the west coast of Florida, does that sound about right or am I missing something ?

Thanks for all those that helped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom