Keys Dive that's special - Jan 21, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tjmills

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

There are a couple of us coming down from Colorado to do some dives with Conch Republic Divers on January 20 -22nd. We are both Rescue Divers and one of us has done this before. They usually don't let you go unless you are Advance Open Water or above but you can contact the shop if you are curious. I can tell you that the Duane at night was the top night dive I have done anywhere and one of the top 3 I have ever done. I can't say enough about the colors and fish. Outstanding.

www.conchrepublicdivers.com.

We are trying to set up a 3 tank dive for Saturday if we can get enough people on the boat. The Spiegle Grove ... a shallow dive....and the Duane at dusk. Most shops won't even do these dives and rarely ever do the Duane at night due to the currents that exist there. I can tell you its a pretty good current so not for the meek or the unexperienced.

Anyway, the cost for the 3 tank is going to be between $65-75 on Saturday January 21 if anyone would like to join us for a very spectacular dive. Send me a PM if you might be interested in joining us and I can send you the final information.

T.J.

I was just out with Capt Gary today and had a great time. Water was cold but still had a great time.

Alex

Last weekend I was diving in 61 degree water and it was 26 degrees outside....don't confuse that water with cold!! :)

tjmills:
Last weekend I was diving in 61 degree water and it was 26 degrees outside....don't confuse that water with cold!! :)

Well speaking as someone from Florida I can say I would simply die if I tried that! The water was 74 today. :D

Alex

Ok, Here is the deal. We are diving the Spiegel Grove with a reef on Friday Afternoon. The Duane Saturday Afternoon with a reef or Bibb and then the Duane at night Saturday night. Sunday we are diving the Eagle in the afternoon.

So, in short to highlight.

January 20-22, 2006

Friday: Spiegel Grove (can't wait to see it upright this time)
Saturday: Duane and Bibb or Reef
Saturday Night: Duane (This was a great dive and I am coming out just for this)
Sunday: The Eagle and a Reef or shallow

Saturday night on the Duane is if we can get 2 more divers to join us on the dive. It is outstanding if you have never done it before. We need a total of 4 including us.

Please PM me if anyone is interested.

T.J.

We have 2 others that possibly will join us. Anyone else?

For the night dive on the Duane, there will only be 6-8 max on the boat. I would lean towards the 6 personally for the night dive. Please let me know if anyone else would be interested in joining us. I did this 2 years ago and was blown away at how different and beautiful the wreck was at night verses the day.

T.J.

i just called Conch Republic and booked on the Sat afternoon and then for the Duane at night....been wanting to do that dive for a long time !

We look forward to you joining the group. It is a good one. Are you coming down just for the day or the weekend?

yeah - I'm looking forward to it - always wanted to dive the Duane at night and take some photos of it....I'll stay somewhere Sat night and probably also dive somewhere on Sun morning before the long drive home.

You won't be disappointed. It is very colorful at night. Much different than the day. Frank will also be clickin' away with pictures too you guys can alternate flashes.

See you Saturday. We are staying at the Sunset Motel if you are looking for a place cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom