Jupiter 12-29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am diving with ScubaWorks on the Temptation for some more fantastic Jupiter drift diving. I would invite everyone to come along but I booked the last spot!:D

I will post a report to let ya'll know how many lemmon sharks and whale sharks we see.

:05: well slacker, how was it?

This was good diving. Not Great or AWESOME you should have quit your job and went diving, but good.

Drop 1
Grotto ( i think Capt Paul changes the names every now and then to keep the stowaways from WPB off balance and in the dark to his great sites.)
This site had several cut backs and sways and here, then gone areas. I was impressed with MikeB's Dive Master skills at keeping us on the good stuff.. I guess I have to stop calling him colorful names now. (tangled reel, lost lonesome leader) Mike has become a shining example of what practice and hard work can do, I was many times wondering .. where to go now and he lead us right to the nurse shark under the ledge. The turtles swimming around, a Large lobster under a lone rock in the sand and my favorite a Large Green Moray with TWO banded coral shrimps cleaning him into a bright green happy critter. The shrimp where interesting as one stood in the sand under the moray in the wide open without any fear. I looked closely and saw that distinct Clint Eastwood "Shrimp without a name" squint in his eye.
Drop 2
The Tunnels
I think they need to change this name to "Snook alley." Fisherman here in Fort pierce go crazy in the pursuit of Snook. They talk about it, dream about it and live it every spare moment they get. I saw countless hoards of these critters in all sizes with that distinct head and black stripe. Hog and Porkfish where everywhere as well. Mike motioned for me to peer under this ledge that he was looking into and I shined my light in there to see mostly silt and a large school of silvery smallish fishes. He was very intent to keep looking.. I started to wonder if I was blocking the only exit for a large shark. I signed to Mike he shook his head no. I signed turtle he again signed no. Then the silt cleared and TWO very large Goliath Grouper where under the ledge celebrating Chaunaku. We swam on and Mike pointed out a devoured lobster shell in which I got to set up my favorite trap of placing the head in a hole for someone to find. Unfortunately all the other divers had already surfaced so I will have to just giggle to myself hoping someone will find it another day.
I spotted a small spotted lobster in a hole and considered grabbing him and zip tying it to my Dring since I did not bring lobster gear but decided to leave him for another day.
We surfaced and enjoyed the boat ride back.

I am looking forward to my next Jupiter dive with this crew.

Orlando Eric:
Chaunaku.
hahahahahaha :laughing:

orlando eric:
We swam on and Mike pointed out a devoured lobster shell in which I got to set up my favorite trap of placing the head in a hole for someone to find. Unfortunately all the other divers had already surfaced so I will have to just giggle to myself hoping someone will find it another day.

Hrmmmmmmm, not sure why that sounds sooooo familar to me.... freak sense of humor crazy man, but thanks for the trip report. We should do a little lemon dive soon. Wanna? What dates work for you???

baitedstorm:
hahahahahaha :laughing:

Hrmmmmmmm, not sure why that sounds sooooo familar to me.... freak sense of humor crazy man, but thanks for the trip report. We should do a little lemon dive soon. Wanna? What dates work for you???

Let me know what you come up with for a date!

DOH I made a thread with easy click links. Hurry the spots are filling with divers other than SB'ers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom