Jax recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vetdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, all - I'm a relocated Jacksonvillian currently diving the frigging cold waters of Massachusetts - thought I'd come home and visit the family this summer for a very long July 4 weekend, and I figured it might be a nice idea to ditch the drysuit for a weekend and pick up a charter. Any recommendations? What's the water temp like in July? Thanks!

There are of course the Springs, and Atlantic Pro Divers runs a pretty decent charter, I've heard... I don't know much about the others, and you're in driving distance (allll day trip) to some of the southern sites (WPB, Ft Lauderdale), or take a couple days and see the keys.

Thanks!

Think we'll skip the springs - have done some of them with my husband, but he's not cavern/cave certified, so there's nothing exciting to add on. It would be a long drive to WPB/Ft.L for a few dives!! Maybe we'll try to book 2 days of charters with Atlantic Pro...

I dove with Atlantic Pro in July of '04. Water temp around 80 with 30-40' viz. Not a bad operation. Probably dive on a barge and see a lot of game fish. We had guys spearfishing on the same boat. Got a good pic of my son with a big cobia one of them shot.

Think about going with jax scuba center, they have a nice charter also and saw them today when I was diving. Saw some wild stuff today including a right whale, sand tiger shark, two turtles, and other usual critters. Thats whats great about jax diving, never know what youre gonna see...

Expect to see those sand tigers on just about every culvert pile from now till the end of March.Whales are a bonus.We had one buzz a guy decoing last winter.He was very shook up then but it was very cool in retrospect.

Thanks for the info - we've spoken to Atlantic Pro, will look into Jax Scuba as well. Must say, I'm excited to dive so close to "home".

80 degrees....aaahhh....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom