Upcoming Ft. Lauderdale Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Do the Ft. Lauderdale SB'ers have regular shore diving get-togethers like we do here in Southern California? I may be in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area sometime in January, and would love to get together with some of you folks for some shore diving. That is, if you don't mind showing an out-of-towner around :D

When ya gonna be here? We can certainly plan one.......though probabilities will render it a beach-stand-and-hang-out-and-even-party-a-little (in other words, it tends to blow too hard in winter for too much beach diving).....pick a weekend and let's see what we can come up with.

Fall back plan can be a boat dive complete with Hot Chocolate and shivering conchs you can laugh at!

Okay, I promise I won't make fun of what you folks consider winter weather :D

And I will NOT mention that this weekend we're tossing a coin to see if we'll be diving in spite of predicted 6-10 ft waves, rain, 60 degree overcast skies, and 5 ft visibility.

Anyway, I don't have a firm date yet, but I should know more next week.

My plans are final, and I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale on Fri, Sat & Sun, January 13, 14, & 15. That's a week from this Friday.

Anyone interested in showing an out-of-towner some shore diving on any or all of those days?

Wow. I was just looking at the Ft. Lauderdale webcam. Are conditions really as nice as they look? Looks like zero surf, clear and sunny, water in the low 70's. YIKES !!! I hope it's like that next week :D

By the way, is that boat in the image sitting about where the first reef is at?

Conditions have been great for the past week!!! I just went diving this morning and the vis was at least 30 ft by the second reef.

It does look like that boat is by the first reef. It is a pretty short swim to the reef.

mccabejc:
Okay, I promise I won't make fun of what you folks consider winter weather :D

And I will NOT mention that this weekend we're tossing a coin to see if we'll be diving in spite of predicted 6-10 ft waves, rain, 60 degree overcast skies, and 5 ft visibility.

Anyway, I don't have a firm date yet, but I should know more next week.

Same goes for you Cali people too. We're just hoping we don't have to cut any holes to get to the water. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom