100 ft Reel....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
I am seeking a decent 100 or 125 ft reel to tow my flag/float. Looking for something quality but I don't want to drop $100 either.

Any suggestions? What can I get for around $75 or less?

I don't know much about reels (anyhting, in fact).

What should I be looking for? I know that Dive Rite, OMS. Manta and Halcyon make them - thats about it.

Appreciate any suggestions...

How about a spool instead? From Extreme Exposure, a 100' Defender spool costs $44.00. I believe there's a 150' spool for an equivalent price.

Pathfinder reels start at 400' of line for $112.00.

Whats the diff?

I run my flag off a 100 foot defender spool.

Its cheap, easy and small. No moving parts to break or jam or fight with. With 5mm gloves, the spool is still easy to handle. It runs out very smooth. No jams, one handed operation, no tention issues, no extra line run out. Just pinch the spool, a firm pinch to stop the line, a soft pinch to run it out.

Winding it in is a bit more dificult if you try to avoid twisting the line, but it is still easy enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom