cressi gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nyscubagirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
my new cressi pressure gauge leaked and rusted during its first week of diving; Has anyone esle had the same experience? If I don't replace it with another one do I have to change my whole boot? Are different brands usually interchangeable?

:fish:
steph

nyscubagirl:
my new cressi pressure gauge leaked and rusted during its first week of diving; Has anyone esle had the same experience? If I don't replace it with another one do I have to change my whole boot? Are different brands usually interchangeable?

:fish:
steph
take it back to the lds you bought it from, they should replace it at no charge,they will just send it back to manufacturer for store credit....cannot fix them..probably blew out pressure relief plug on the back side of it..

my parents bought me a cressi wrist dive computer for christmas... is that a good brand?

Not all gauges are the same. Take it back to the LDS. If I am thinking right, Cressi also has the "mini" 1 1/2" gauges so that becomes an issue with replacement.

Sorry can't help on the Cressi dive comp.

ScubaBabe22:
my parents bought me a cressi wrist dive computer for christmas... is that a good brand?

Once you've tried out your new gift, please post a review for us sharing your experiences!

The newer two-mix version of the Archimede II seems very similar to the Dive Rite Duo, TUSA IQ-700, and Apeks Quantum. This newer version also allows user configurable ppO2 alarms, not fixed values of 1.4 ATA on Mix 1 and 1.6 ATA on Mix 2. It also uses a slightly different Buhlmann algorithm than the three models I mentioned, which is I think more similar to the UWATECH algorithm (ZH-L8). I've looked over the owner's manual on-line.

http://cressisub.it/intro.php?lang=us&id_catalogo=2&id_categoria=3&id_prodotto=45&m=scheda

I haven't seen anyone post reviews of the two-mix Archimede II yet, but if you do a search you'll find some for the one-mix Archimede. I saw LP was running it for $270 during 4Q 2005 (they show a $309 price today) so if I hadn't already had a TUSA IQ-700 and if Scubatoys hadn't already punted on Cressi, I probably would have bought the two mix version from Scubatoys for my own use last year. The other issue is I have no idea where to get a list of authorized Cressi dealers if I did buy one, and something needed warranty service. The Cressi web site doesn't provide a link for this info.

If what you got as a gift is the Edy, I haven't seen any reviews yet and the info available on Cressi's web site for this model is sorely lacking, particularly the Technical Details link, and there isn't a link for the owner's manual to read.

http://cressisub.it/intro.php?lang=us&id_catalogo=2&id_categoria=3&id_prodotto=325&m=scheda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom