Switching a suunto favor (i know its old)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryanmacneil8448

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i have a suunto favor that is metric i hate metric i dont care how many meters down i am i wanna know feet there has to be some secret to switching this thing i see when you first start it up there is a feet sign and a feirenheight sign so how do i change it

ryanmacneil8448:
i have a suunto favor that is metric i hate metric i dont care how many meters down i am i wanna know feet there has to be some secret to switching this thing i see when you first start it up there is a feet sign and a feirenheight sign so how do i change it

Hi Ryan,

Now, that is indeed peculiar. There is no mention of switching the metric/imperial mde in the manual.
The manual can be found here (in case you don't have it anymore)
http://www.aqualung.com/technical_library/favor_manual.pdf

Anyway... in this version of the manual (an imperial version)
http://www.jacklondon.com/usr/mcleod/scuba/favor.htm
it says, and I quote, "In the metric version of the FAVOR, the 24-hour time system is used."
implicating that there are two versions of the FAVOR, and that the switch cannot be done by a user. Sorry.

Maybe the Suunto service center can make the switch to imperial for you! Check it thru your LDS.

regards,

Melle

BTW I *love* metric... wonderfully standardized. :D But then again... I am European.

ryanmacneil8448:

Hi,
I have a favor metric. I know that you cannot change it to feet. Because there two version of Favor. I bought the metric favor before because it's much cheaper.And its not really a big hassle for me, just getting used to it. (though sometime I feel that I am still in shallow depth bec. of the of the numbers. hehehe)

Back
Top Bottom