What happened to the challenge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Far_X

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, since meeting my target weight loss I put up my feet and helped myself to that extra spoonful of mayo (light, of course). :) Well, suprise suprise, my weight shot up so now I am back on the challenge. Ok, netting a land mermaid didn't help either as my exercise routine got shoved into the back of the freezer. So now, the mermaid has gone back to the sea, I reached into the back of the freezer and my exercise routine is returning. Swimming 100 lengths most mornings supplemented by cycling a couple of times a week. I was a Tuesday weigh in so I shall be making my entry then. Of course, all the good eating in Bonaire with the board members of this fine club didn't help one little bit!!! :D :wink:

El Orans:
Getting back on the treadmill as well...

Just so you know....you can get on the treadmill and surf SB. The trick is you walk uphill on a steep incline (12) and then go about 3.3 on the speed. You have to open the laptop up, almost flat, and prop it into the bookholder part. I can get my HR to 135 or so and keep myself amused for at least 30 minutes. Its nuts.

Sorry, I'm a member of a very poor health club... No wi-fi... :11:

This week, I've been walking a lot in the evening. If I can continue that habit for this week, I've promised myself to buy a new scale this weekend.

The old one isn't working properly anymore.

Uggg..I'm with ya Paul. I joined the "striders" a park district group here. The goal is to walk across America in 52 weeks. That is 2800 Miles. Of course I will be happy making it half across America! I am now wearing a pedometer and tracking all my steps. Kinda slow start though. Only 1 mile today because of work. I need 7 miles a day to make it across. As I said Uggg... LOL

Natasha, you'll have to let us know how the scenery changes the more you travel... :wink:

Just a quick question on how the challenge works. I haven't seen many posts in the last while, and going over the older posts, I'm still wondering how it works? Is there a sign-up process, or is it just sort of open? Any set rules or guidelines?

colby:
Just a quick question on how the challenge works. I haven't seen many posts in the last while, and going over the older posts, I'm still wondering how it works? Is there a sign-up process, or is it just sort of open? Any set rules or guidelines?

As you say, there aren't that many posts any more so I think anarchy rules here!!! Do what you want to!!! LOL There used to be a Tuesday weigh in and a Thursday weigh in. You pick which day you are going to weigh yourself - try to do it at around the same time also. I do mine after I have gone swimming and before I eat breakfast. :wink: Then you reveal your weight to a demanding public and we all go, "yeah, way to go" when you lose one pound (kilo) or go "ok, never mind, the thing is to keep trying" when you have put on five pounds (kilos) since your last weigh in. If you want to make it official, just add your name to the sticky post at the top of the forum and send Natasha plenty of greenbacks. :)

Cheers

Woop, woop, way to go!!!

9 more miles and I've walked across Houston..on my way to Dallas next..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom