Aeris atmos ai stressed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plungebob

Reaction score
Anyone else have this Hockey Puck computer. I think its actually pretty good.
It seems to do what its supposed to,(under water) my LDS promotes them ambitiously. As far as downloading to my PC. forget it .Its a (POTATO) I cant make it go. I tried shaking it and bashing it into my scull.......But still nothing!!
My buddy managed to download some of my dives onto his laptop and e-mailed them to me,but I cant open the file. I,ve got 30 plus dives floating in cyberspace that should have been logged with a good old-fasioned paper and pencil.

My wife and I have the Aeris AI. We really like it.
We never had any trouble with the actual downloading.
Lots of issues with the s/w though. Ours came with the earlier 1.x s/w on CD.
Aeris has a new 2.x s/w release available for download which is much
better. I think it is a lot easier to use.
See this thread for info on the newer s/w:
New Aeris Download Software

Once you get the s/w and drivers loaded it should download
the dives. Are you puting the AI in PC mode?
The cable can be a bit tricky to get plugged in.
If the cable is hooked up properly and the AI is PC mode, once
the download starts you'll see everything on the LCD display
turn on.

--- bill

I just got an Atmos ai. How does the cable attach? I didn't see anything in the manual on how to connect it and it seems to be able in either way, i.e. no keying of the connector head to orient it to the correct configuration.

I couldn't get mine to download either, but I haven't downloaded v2 yet. I will try that.

Thanks

i wouldn't bother with v2 just because of the PITA lifetime dive # that you cannot edit... guess what mines all in the wrong order!

My son and I each have the Aeris Atmos Elite AI. We think that it is a great product However, I must admit that, on occasion, you have to fiddle around with the USB download connection for any extra minute to get it to synchronize properly. Nevertheless, we are impressed with the product and strongly recommend it.

Switching to V2 will probably not solve your download
issue. It uses the same driver as the1.x S/W.
For plugging in the actual cable: plug it in with the dive computer
display facing up, the download cable plugs in with the logo
on the connector facing up.
"Aeris" or "Oceanic" whichever cable you have.

The LTD #, stuff has been changed/updated in the 2.0.2 release.
(It was a PITA for the 2.0.0/2.0.1 releases)
I bashed them to change it and now
you no longer have to mess with it and all dives are sorted by date.
LTD # is now a simple enumeration of all your dives from oldest to newest.
(Hopefully, the complaint about LTD# was about the way
it worked in 2.0.0/2.0.1 ---- other wise, sorry..... I'm the one
to blame for the way it works now...)

There were quite a few fixes/updates between 2.0.1 and 2.0.2

See this thread:
New Aeris 2.x S/W

--- bill

Yeah, mine is a little fussy to download also. Aeris really got what they paid for with the "low bidder" software. I haven't tried the new version yet. I'm afraid I'd get my hopes up too high.

Back to your problem Plungebob, does your computer even communicate with your PC or do you have a port conflict possibly?

As for thirty dives floating in cyberspace, I'd be surprised if you can download that many. Even set on a fairly slow sample rate, mine only holds about 20-25.

Good luck with it,
Dennis

BuoyantC:
As for thirty dives floating in cyberspace, I'd be surprised if you can download that many. Even set on a fairly slow sample rate, mine only holds about 20-25.
It all depends on your average length of dive and sampling rate. It should hold about seventeen to eighteen 45-50 minute dives when set to the factory default 15 second sampling rate, twice that at the 30 second sampling rate and up to approx 70 dives at the 60 second rate.

Once full, the oldest data is pushed out of the memory to make room for new data. The computer will still have a "history" of the dive but not the downloadable details.

So has anybody been able to get the information as to
how many SAMPLES are stored in the computers? I can calculate
how many dives I can store given a sample rate, if I just knew how many samples the computer can save.

--- bill

I tried every combination of two different cables with two dive computers (AI and Atmos 2) and four Windows XP SP2 computers. Still this stupid thing won't download anything. "Time Out" error is all I ever get. The AUD application detects the download cable port - funny enough - right after it says it's not there. I connected it per the directions, installed the USB driver ver 1.0.1, AUD version 2.0.5. What am I doing wrong? I'd like to download the dives and review them. thanks...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom