Cressi Archemdies console??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jasonX5

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've got a chance to pick up a brand new Cressi Archimedes 3 guage computer, pressure guage and compass for $300. It lists for over $400 on the net but my LDS is trying to clear out some gear. Is this a good set up?? TIA!! :D

If it's the one-mix model, it's an older model apparently being discontinued.

http://www.divernet.com/equipment/0102extra.htm

If it's the two-mix model, it's the current model and a pretty good deal considering LP is selling the two-mix model for $309 currently.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Item.../Sort_SKU/DescSort_0/Filter_1=1987/CSBAW.html

http://cressi.it/intro.php?lang=us&id_catalogo=2&id_categoria=3&id_prodotto=45&m=scheda

You can try the search function in this forum for older posts on this brand and model.

I have used a Cressi Archimedes 3 for the past year. The compass on the back is a PITA, but if you normally wear glasses for up close get a longer hose. That's what I'm doing for this year. I'll be taking my nitrox class in a week, so I can give you a better idea of use. Pretty simple and I paid $550 for mine....that was painful...

jbliesath:
I have used a Cressi Archimedes 3 for the past year. The compass on the back is a PITA, but if you normally wear glasses for up close get a longer hose. That's what I'm doing for this year. I'll be taking my nitrox class in a week, so I can give you a better idea of use. Pretty simple and I paid $550 for mine....that was painful...

Thanks guys!! Yeah, I'm not getting the wrist watch but the actual console w/ both gas mixes and a compass on the back. If you like yours then at $300 I'll probably end up buying this one. I only dive while on vacation so this should suffice. :D

jbliesath:
Yep, sounds like a great deal!

Oh yeah, you need to dive when you're not on vacation!! :D

I totally agree but my wife doesn't like lakes. :D

I have the Archimedes 3 console you're considering....it's a bit different in the NDL limits than the Suunto Vyper my girlfriend uses, you can see that if you scroll thru the Plan mode at various depths against another manuf's computer. As for it's user-friendliness, I think it's better than the Vyper. The alarm signal isn't loud enough. I agree with thread above about the compass, it's definitely a PITA! One day, I switch to a wrist computer with an integrated compass...the Arch 3 console is pretty large and a bit cumbersome, but you get accostomed to it. Also, I haven't found a face protector for it, if Cressi makes one. One a scale of 1-10, I give it a 7; definitely worth the $300.

Back
Top Bottom