marsa shagri or nakari camps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wacko

New
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm taking a trip to southern Egypt at the end of the month and I have the option of 2 different camps for the same price.
Has anyone been to both these camps? Which one has the best reef? I've heard Nakari is smaller. Am I gonna freeze at this time of year?

Any experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,

wacko..

You chose the coldest time to dive here. The water temperature is nearly 18-19 C. Air Temperature is 20 C in the day and down to nearly 8 at night. I go for a 7mm Semi Dry if I am diving now.
Usually in Marsa Allam, you will be going to the same reefs by Zodiacs and Jeeps so don't really worry about that. I heard about Marsa Shagara but no the other one and my friends said it is nice.

oh!! Gee I wondered why it was so cheap. Thanks Mr Fix.

Glad to help.

Hey,
I was in Marsa Shagra RSDS last summer (end of August-beginning September)
Nice reefs, lots of fishes, good organisation, good food, very friendly people..
Very relaxed too..
The temperatures surely were a lot higher, water 29-31°C.
Great experience!
Wish u a nice stay over there!

hey there,

we've been twice to RSDS last year.

stayed in marsa shagra and in nekari

watertemp in januari was 24-25 degrees

personaly we think shagra is nicer, on the housereef lives a white tip reef shark and we saw dolphins there.

have a nice stay!

Miel

Back
Top Bottom