Greece vs. Spain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_cat_keeper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I am going on a two-week vacation in September in either Greece or Spain. Have anyone been diving in either of these two countries? Which would you recommend?

As I browsed through the information on the Internet, it seems that there is no liveaboard dive trips in Greece or Spain. Is that so?

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
the_cat_keeper

I dove in Greece and in Spain (where I was born), and I just can say one thinK: no doubt, Spain.
If you go to the east coast you will find a lot of interesting places and professional people working. Good ships, equipment for rent and a really good enviorement.
If you want, I can send you some interesting addreses for diving in Spain.

I read somewhere (probably here) that the diving in Greece was resticted to certain areas. This is to protect the antiquities down there.

If you can find any ancient sites to dive then it is well worth it. I dived the remains of Cleopatra's palace in and around Alexandria harbour and that was pretty impressive. I'm sure there is similar stuff in Greece. I have heard good things about the east coast of spain too.

Hello the_cat_keeper

In the north-est from Spain is a good place for diving, if you want to have more informations you can visit our web site www.josepclotas.com you will find photos from Costa Brava and I. Medes that is about one and a half hours north from Barcelona ,here you can dive with groupers, gorgonias, caves ,and it is Natural park then fihs is very close with the divers. and in the links you can find diving centers and hotel.

If you need more informations please ask.
About Greece I have never been there.

Josep&gemma

:hi: :hi:

Done some diving in Spain and Creete. In my opinion Creete was nicer, the visibility nothing but unbelieveble. Also if you`re interested in WW2, there`s a lot cool stuff to see uw...

Back
Top Bottom