La Gomera (Canaries) - dive shop and accommodations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
We're planning a holiday in late May to the Canary Islands. The tentative plan is to spend about 3 nights initially in Tenerife, then go to La Gomera for 4-5 days and then spend another night or 2 in Tenerife before flying home. We want to spend some time on La Gomera to hike (as well as to dive, and because we'd like to spend time on one of the less developed islands). Arranging diving and accommodations in Tenerife doesn't seem too difficult (suggestions are welcome, of course), but La Gomera seems like much more of a challenge (particularly with respect to accommodation). The Parador seems to be booked, Jardin Tecina (recommended by someone) seems too expensive. Maybe an apartment is a better option, but I'm hoping to get a specific recommendation from someone (either for a particular apartment or for a reliable booking agency). Views about the local dive shops and recommendations for dives suitable for novices would also be appreciated.

We're looking for an adult-oriented place to stay for a couple: clean and quiet are important, charm would be nice, a pool is not essential. Also, I have no idea what the bug situation is like in the Canaries but as I loathe mosquitoes and black flies but they love me, a secluded chalet beside a leafy pool is my idea of hell.

thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom