Cressi Gara 3000 LD fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nikkey

Reaction score
After a lot of reading I've decided that I want these fins, I have a probelm though...None of the local LDS carry cressi freediving fins! I have to order them without trying them out. I was wondering if anyone has used them and can give me advice on sizing. Thanks!

I like the cressi footpockets.. very soft.. and work well with my very high arch. best I can tell you is order it 1 size over your shoe size and get a good neoprene sock..maybe 3mil or so. The footpocket of the cressi is more forgiving than a lot of freediving fins out there so you will have some leway as far as getting a size to fit.. might have to adjust the mm of the sock a bit.. but 1 size over and a 3m sock is pretty standard for fin sizing. You'll find the 3000ld is a very flexible fin.. depending on your leg strength/kicking style and how serious you plan on getting into this.. you might consider an HF model..

Nikkey,

I was a Cressi-sub dealer for over 20 years, and have fitted many women. It will not be easy to do without an onsite stocking dealer.

Ladies, if barefoot, usually have to go with a size under the shoe size listed by the manufacturer, because they only make men's sizes, which are: 7-8, 8-9, 10-11, 12-13.

My wife has a medium to wide 8.5 foot, and just barely fits the 8-9 Cressi Garas fins, with 2mm neoprene socks.

You live in BC, so that also means you'll need more insulation than we do down in Florida. I'm guessing 5mm socks minimum?

So what do you do if your foot is less than a size 7? Many women here down to a size 5 or so, wear a 3.5mm hard sole booties, and the sole helps fill out the fins. The boot is harder to get on and off, but many would just slide their foot out of the boot.

And then there is the fin flexibility to match to your leg and ankle strength.

I have not kicked the 3000 LDs, but flexed the fins and I can tell they will be a good performers for average to athletic divers, especially in cold water. I had the 3000 HF (now called just 3000) for almost a year, and found them just a bit too stiff compared to the 2000 HF fins that I have used for years. I've gone back to 2000 HFs. (The Cressi descriptions were wrong about the 2000 HF being stiffer than the 3000 HF.)

http://cressisub.it/intro.php?lang=us&id_catalogo=1&id_categoria=14

My best recommendation would be to find a dealer, even online, that would allow you to try them in a pool and exchange them if necessary, as long as you do not scuff them.

We sold Akona socks and boots that worked well with them, but I have not found a good pair of 5mm socks. Let me know if you find some.
http://www.akona.com/

Chad

Thanks for the help guys. I already have booties for my volos that are 5 mm but I dont think they'll fit because they're pretty thick and have a thick sole. But I am a size 6 in womens so maybe I will need to wear that thick of a boot to fit the fin. I had read that they worked well for women becuase of they're narrowness.
I do dive in cold water that is why I am choosing the LD because plastic blades become stiffer in cold water. Thanks for the links Chad I'm going to have a browse.

By the way did the discontinue one of the 2000 models? I kept hearing about these fins and that they were really good but I couldn't find them on the net any where.

Nikkey:
By the way did the discontinue one of the 2000 models? I kept hearing about these fins and that they were really good but I couldn't find them on the net any where.

Nikkey,

The 2000 LD fins were never very popular and are gone from the Cressi website. The 2000 HF have been the best seller for something like 12 years, and are still going strong.

My friend wears the Akona AKBT534 short boot with her fins, because the sole is very slight. The AKBT334 should work for a northern diver.

Good luck!

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom