Diving up north (well sort of)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingGal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
As many of you know I was down in Florida attending "Wreckmania" last week, and had a blast. Meeting and diving with guys and gals from all over the USA.

Well just couldn't resist an invite to go diving today with friends. Off we went and visited the u/w powerhouse, and a pair of wrecks near Cornwall.

I'm glad to report that the mild temps of the Florida water did not change my tolerance for our lovely temps of the St Lawrence. 75F on the first dive at the powerhouse, and 73F on the second dive.

I'm also glad that the current that had been running hard in the St L calmed down to a respectable 1 - 2 knot. No pretending I was a flag.

Although my buddy and I were the first to descend, we were managing our air so well, we were the last to ascend -- both of us with over 1000 psi.

Ahhh this is the life. Now just when can I go diving again. Shuzbut I have to work.....

DivingGal,
I dove the Powerhouse a couple years ago...Great dive!! Is there any good diving on the other side of the Dam? I've dove from the Kingston wrecks to the Powerhouse, but have never been beyond and was wondering what was there? I talked briefly to the owner of a dive shop in Massena and he said the current near Cornwall was really strong. I love drift diving (Niagra/St.Clair) and was wondering how it would compare? I've gotta say that the St Lawrence is my 1st love for river diving. GD

Back
Top Bottom