Uwatec smartcom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c_m_wood

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. Was wondering what everyone thinks of the air integrated uwatec smartcom computer. Can I change the batteries myself or do I have to send off the unit? Are the batteries expensive? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Chris.

I've been diving the Air Z since 2000. Basically the same computer just doesn't have infra red transfer. I love it. It had 5 +years and about 400 cold water dives on it when the battery finally died. You also have to factor in all the times I left it sitting in the sink rinsing for 3-4 days at a time it stays on when it's wet. So the battery life is exceptional.

Sent it to Scubapro and had it back in 2 weeks with Free new batteries.

Dave

I've had one for about 2 1/2 years, more than 100 dives on it and I have been happy with it. There are a lot of settings that are user configurable. The only complaints I have are that the sweet spot for the backlight is sometimes hard to find and don't try to operate the contacts to change screens when you are out of the water until you dry it off.

The warranty includes lifetime battery replacement - if you buy it from an authorized dealer of course. I am still on my original battery and it is at 50% currently. That should give you an idea how long the battery should last.

Mark

I've had one a few years. I love it. Large, easy to use screen. backlight button is a problem if not used to it. But basicly a very nice computer. I've retired mine only because I prefer a wrist computer and do some deco dives (not suggested for the Smart Com). I'll probably have to give it to the ebay monster............. can't keep all the toys. Oh........... one other thing............... if you have your regulator with you you will also have your dive computer (quik disconnect not withstanding). Something you can't say with certainty when you have a wrist computer..........
......... (like I'm the only one who's ever done THAT bonehead play... right)

I'm also thinking about purchasing this computer, since I've had much experience with Uwatec dive comps in my Advanced course. My question is this: Where's the best place to buy, and, if you purchase from an online dealer, does that invalidate the warranty?

We actually are selling off our remaining scuba pro and uwatec stock and it comes with full warranty - but only for the remaining stock we have. Most people selling on line are selling gray market goods from overseas that would not be covered with a manufacturers warranty.

If you are an AUTHORIZED SCUBAPRO DEALER, can you let us know the name of your dealer that will show on Scubapro's US DEALER LIST for verification of AUTHORIZED DEALERS?

If you are an AUTHORIZED SCUBAPRO DEALER, can you let us know the name of your dealer that will show on Scubapro's US DEALER LIST for verification of AUTHORIZED DEALERS?

scubatoys:
We actually are selling off our remaining scuba pro and uwatec stock and it comes with full warranty - but only for the remaining stock we have. Most people selling on line are selling gray market goods from overseas that would not be covered with a manufacturers warranty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom