Hello from Oceanic | AERIS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause

Contributor
Reaction score
San Leandro, California (just south of Oakland)
This is my official "out-of-the-closet" moment. My name is Doug Krause, Marketing Manager for both Oceanic and AERIS product lines. I have been lurking here for quite a while, and make frequent use of the board to get unsolicited, real-word feedback on our products. Going forward, I will participate as I am able to answer questions or direct members to someone at the factory that may be able to help. We have a dedicated Customer Service/Tech Support department that spends some time on the board as well, and may easily be contacted directly via phone or email - I will include their contact information as well as my own below.

Thanks for the input so far, I look forward to getting to know all of you more through the board.

Customer Service / Tech Support
service@oceanicusa.com or info2@diveaeris.com
toll free: (800) 435-3483, ext. 226 or 128

Welcome aboard Doug. I am a happy Oceanic customer. Always nice to see manufacturer representation on the board.

I use an Aeris Atmos II as do several of my dive buddies, and I can speak for all when I say we have been very happy with the performance and reliability.

I like to see vendors here, as information is a two way street.

Welcome Doug,

At the risk of sounding like a suck up, I'm a big Oceanic/Aeris fan. Everything my son and I dive with is either Oceanic or Aeris.

Thanks,

John

I have 2 versa pro that that i've been happy with, though one will be sent in for minor recalibration, but the customer service has been very responsive so far.

my suggestions for future computers:
-include seconds in time displays
-display average depth, especially in gauge mode (also, i'd prefer no manatory 24h lockout when using gauge mode - but i understand why you may choose to keep it)
-for average depth, allow user to reset the av. depth count, thus allowing the user to ignore long shore swims in shallow waters for example, or start the average deppth count only below 20ft or so.
-give divers the option to switch the neo-haldanian deco algorithm to vpm/b or whatever else is popular among deco divers these days - ideally it would also be possible to update the firmware as algorithms are improved
-no penalty for reverse profiles (if there is one currently) - or the option to turn it off

i like the the ease of use, intuitive displays and the fact that the computer is fairly liberal on standard dive profiles.

I have both an Aeris PC & BC. Enjoy both of them! :D

Welcome aboard Doug,

I used Oceanic Omega 2, I'm stisfactory and no comment

Cheer
Jason

We have talked several times in recent years, and you recently helped me with Versa Pro to PC download problems - which after taking a few hours of your time and even you allowing me loaner equipment, turned out to be my PC incompetence :blush: and perhaps my Utila dives on my Versa Pro becoming too corrupted by the old security X-ray machine on Roatan to download later. Now, I take my lap top on a trip and download there. :thumb:

Thanks again for your help. Between my home buddy, my newbie lady dive buddy and myself, we have 4 of your computers, 3 of your regs, 3 pair of your V12 fins, 3 of your BCs, at least one of your Pocket snorkels, and several other Oceanic items I'm sure. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom