Anyone know ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

socaldiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I realize this is going to be a shot in the dark, but the wife and I will be visiting Maui and Oahu then end of June with my son and his wife. I want to take them to a Japanese Tea House.

A long long time ago (1987) I was there on business and the vendor we were dealing with took a group of us to a teahouse for a very pleasant evening. I obviously don't remember the name or where it was but I do believe it was in the foothills overlooking Honolulu.

Would any of you locals know of any teahouses and could you be so kind to drop a few names for me so I can research what I need to do to make reservations with them please?

Thanks

Hey Socal!

I think Natsunoya Tea House may be the place you are talking about. The website is www.natsunoya.com.

Otherwise, the yellow pages also lists Nuuanu Onsen Inc. (808) 595-2885 at 87 Laimi Rd., and Teava Momi (808) 946-8988 at 1726 Kapiolani Blvd.

I found an article written about Natsunoya and Nuuanu Onsen - see http://www.teaportal.com/default.asp - apparently those are the last two traditional ones on the island.

Isn't there one of those on Kalakaua too? Where the road (Kuhio) forks? Can't think of the name right now....

Thanks for the link Chepar I will check them out.

I hope we can get our schedule right so that we might be able to get in a dive or 2 with some of the local SB people.

Let me know when you make it in. We are always up for shore dives.

Melissa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom