Keep gear in car truck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Would keeping my BP, wings and regs in my car truck be bad?

Although summer, my truck never gets heated up like the interior of the car. Be easier to have all my gear stowed in car (less tank, of course), for easier packing.

??

The back of a truck is not the place to keep your gear!

Stow it properly in a clean, dry, well ventilated place where it will not be subjected to extremes in temp, dirt, or getting bent/spindled/mutilated by things you may pile on top of it.

C'mon... you spent a lot of money on that gear. Take good care of it & it will take good care of you.

~SubMariner~

Thats what I thought honestly. Yup, I have all my gear in airtight Tupperware tubs to seal out dust, dirt, etc. and in a sapre room in my home.

Do you mean the trunk of your car or in the open back of a pick up truck?

Either way I'd say no. The trunk of your car gets hotter than you think it does. The heat isn't good for any rubber or silicone parts anywhere on your gear.

Like ~Sub~ mentioned...you paid alot of money for that gear, treat it better than that!

I know it's very convenient to leave gear in your ride. I do it occasionally if I'm diving the next day so I don't have to re-load everything, but my van stays in the garage during the day with the windows cracked a bit.

Meant the truck of my car. Well, thats what I thought - but just thought I'd check it out...

Thanks..

...gear starts to smell BAD after ripening for a few days :wink:

jeff

I wouldn't keep it in your trunk - it might get mixed up with your other gear. Next thing you know you'll be strapping a set of golf clubs to your backplate!!

Back
Top Bottom