4.5 Hrs in Honolulu. What to do...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
On our way home from the Big Island, we have a 4 1/2 hour layover in Honolulu - 9:30am 'till 2:10pm. I was thinking, maybe take a taxi to Pearl for the Arizona tour (tour time 75mins). I took the tour many years ago, but my wife Priscilla never has.

Or, taxi to Waikiki for tourist watching.

I donno. Looking for suggestions. Anything is better than sitting in the airport.

Oh, unless I can find easy airport lockers, I'll have lots of carry-ons to deal with (scuba gear, laptops). Anyone know if the airport has convenient lockers?

Ideas?

Visit the Arizona Memorial...

Paul in VT

justleesa:
What day of the week will you be here?
Thursday, March 9th.

well, currently I am off on Thrusdays...I could come and get you guys and you can put you stuff in our car...I know the line is long at the memorial, someone was telling me yesterday that they were there the wait was over 2 hours...we would have to see...if so, maybe something else?

justleesa:
well, currently I am off on Thrusdays...I could come and get you guys and you can put your stuff in our car...I know the line is long at the memorial, someone was telling me yesterday that they were there and the wait was over 2 hours...we would have to see...if so, maybe something else?
Wow. How very kind of you!

I will PM you near the end of Feb. to see if you're still up for this.

Thanks!

We had a similar layover once and made a visit to the aquarium in Waikiki. Not great but we didn't feel like waiting in a long line at the Arizona.

We have exactly the same layover next Saturday, Feb. 25. My wife has suggested the memorial. Is it feasible to get there and back? Missing the flight would be bad.

Back
Top Bottom