Sporasub Variant Full Foot - Comp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ONESPEED

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
Has anyone on the board dove w/ the Sporasub Variant Full Foot-Comp? I travel a lot and would like a pair of free diving fins I can pack so these fit the bill. Would like to hear any feedback from those who have used these fins.

I was given two pairs of Variants by sporasub for use on some of our videos. The breakdown idea is great however the design of the foot pocket where it connects to the fin is weak. My variants are still working and I have flown around with them. But I would say its just as easy to take the blades out of your omer or sporasub freedive fins and you will be nearly the same effect.

My cameraman broke his by overkicking them and they broke on the side supports that connect the blade to the foot pocket.

This is the only sporasub product that I have ever had a problem with and the fins where used for a year solid on expeditions. They dont perform as well as regular freedive fins but better than regular scuba fins.

The difference in space between a pair of Omer millineums with the blades out and a pair of variants in travel mode is about 6 or 7inches of space in your bag.

I hope this helps some.

GTB
www.spearfishingvideos.com
www.seawolvesunltd.com

My pleasure to help. I use the regular sporasub freedive fins and they are great. I am waiting to get my hands on the new freedive fins from Riffe Spearguns that are comming out in Feb! I have seen some prototypes and they are cool. Very tough and durable with great performance.

GTB
www.gonetobaja.com

Be sure to look for the new Sporasub Instinct Polytech fins post 2/25/06. They have a new designed foot pocket, for more comfort and power. These will be great performers.

Onespeed,

Sorry for not getting back sooner but I was out of town away from email. You can view a picture of the Instinct fins by clicking my "gallery" under my profile. They will be black and green. Overmolded footpocket to blade. Foot pocket is soft for comfort, yet reinforced in the right areas for proper power transfer. Should have a good keel. Blade thickness is tapered from foot to end for nice kick. Has ribs to better channel the water off the blade and in the correct direction. I've seen the prototype (not finished product), this really should be a great fin.

If you have any other questions please ask.

Zak

Hi Zak,

Thanks for your help with my masks and I'm currently exchanging mails with Mr Vittorio on that matter.

Regarding the new fins, I would really like to know if they are angled downward a bit as that makes it easier to fin on the surface. Also are the fins removable to enable different types of fins to be installed with the same foot pocket?

Thanks and Happy Chinese New Year.

SangP

Sang,
You are welcome for the assistance w/ the masks. I am pleased you are getting some resolution. We at Mares are all trying 100% to provide the best customer service and satisfaction.

As to the fins. My recollection is they are angled as you are suggesting. Mares, to my knowledge is the only scuba manufacturing company to have an in-water robotic leg to measure not only ours but all fins performance, and characteristics in the water. We strive to make the best all around fin possible. As I mentioned earlier, I only saw the prototype but it looked very nice to me. I look forward to swimming the new fins when they arrive.

Foot pockets are overmolded. Blades to do not separate from the footpocket, they are one piece.

Sincerely,

Zak

Hi Zak,

I hope that you stand behind the 100% garantee that you speak of as this thread shows more problems with the masks
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=121965
I would be really show customer service if we could replace these masks asap as we have all gotten them from shops in singapore and all have been bought in good faith.
Mr Vittorio had mentioned that the local distributor has the right to protect their business but if the customer had gotten it in good faith and there is a warranty attached to the product shouldn't it be easy to replace the mask without any issues?
I'm really hoping that this is resolved soon as the local distributor's stand is that if you did not get the item from them there is no warranty.

SangP

Back
Top Bottom