Un-Usual Dives!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redseadiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've done almost all the regular dives in Sharm El-Sheikh and Dahab, and i'm looking for something new .. other than Tiran, Ras Mohamed, And Local Dive Sites .. I heard that there's some cool dives in El-Tor City, i'm asking now about how to get there.
If anyone knows about that, i'll be glad to get any info from him/her.

Thank You:14:

Alex as well!! but i heard it's so difficult to dive Alexandria .. needs a lot of permissions for a very limited dive sites .. is that true?

redseadiver:
Alex as well!! but i heard it's so difficult to dive Alexandria .. needs a lot of permissions for a very limited dive sites .. is that true?

We're trying Alex. Yes it needs lots of permissions. The main problem is the absence of respectful dive centers in Alex.
For the time being we're organizing a trip on Feb 17 and 18 to Sharm El Sheikh. We'll dive the Dunraven wreck then the Yolanda and Ras Ghozlani ISA.

yeah, the Dunraven and Yolanda r OK, but 1 dive each is more than enough .. Ras Gazlani is really nice place .. i recommend u the ThistleGorm wreck .. i did it almost 15 times now, and i haven't got enough of it yet :)
hopefully we'd meet when u're in Sharm.

Well. This trip is two days on daily baots. One day Yolanda and Ras Ghozlani and the other to the Dunraven. I may take your word that Dunraven is one dive. Do you have recommendations for the second dive in the second day? Obviously it should be somewhere between Dunraven and Ras Mohamed. I prefer Ras Katy. What do you think?

if u're talking about a local dive site, then the best option would be Ras Umm Sid .. it's always good, make a drift dive to the right direction,stay shallow for the 1st 5 minutes, then go directly to the 25m. - 30m. then when u reach the corner take a swim into the blue (very high possibility to see sharks)
good luck :wink:

No I'm not talking about a local site. We'll be on the boat anyway. I know Ras Umm Sid is maybe the best local site in Sharm but this is a trip for Egyptians. Noramally, Egyptians don't like local sites.
I think Sharks Observatory would be fine. What do you think?
Feel free to PM me and send me your phone number in order to meet there.

if u're in Ras Mohamed then don't miss the Jack-Fish Alley.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom