Suunto Vyper vs Mares Nemo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstavrou

Registered
Reaction score
I am currently looking to buy a computer. I have narrowed down my search down to these 2. Which one would you guys recommend. I plan to do many dives this year starting from March until the end of September. I would appreciate to hear what some of you think since there are many experienced divers here.

Thank you

The Vyper uses the Wienke-Suunto Reduced Bubble Gradient Model algorithm that takes into account the effects of accumulated microbubbles bubbles for repetitive diving. The Nemo does also since it uses a Wienke-Mares version plus it includes deep stops. But you can do deep stops with the Vyper if you want to as long as you know what those depths are.
The Suunto computers also show the decompression floor along with the ceiling. I'm not sure if the Nemo provides that information. It's a nice feature, imo.

The computers are basically the same in regards to decompression algorithms. The Nemo looks cooler, though :)

but can attest the Vyper is a solid computer, like a timex, can take (and has) a beating. My old eyes prefer the large display and I like the Dive Manager software.

Checked the Nemo out on Scubatoys website, looks like it's smaller than the Vyper.

tony

I forgot to add that I too have a Suunto computer. The display is large and easy to read.

Nemo takes a standard cr2430 battery and comes with an extra oring/gasket. This battery can be changed by the user (very carefully) although we recommend a dive shop does it, just to be sure it is done correctly. The numbers relative to the watch are quite large and I haven't heard complaints as of yet. Nemo also has a lot of freediving functions if this is something you might use. Another plus side to the Nemo is it is a watch and can be worn outside of diving.

Thanks this is all interesting info. I am currently leaning a bit more towards the nemo for its design. I dont really know if the nemo is worth the extra £90. Hmmmmmmmm

I currently own a Nemo. Before deciding to splash the cash on this, I actually borrowed a Suunto from a friend for some dives and found I didn't like it.

On a recent dive trip however, I encountered a major software bug in my Nemo which wiped out almost 1/2 my logged dives in the computer's dive history! I'm currently trying to resolve this issue with my local Mares distributor.

I'm not saying this to throw you off the Nemo, but thought you should know. I believe the software bug was an issue with some of the earlier Nemo models (which mine happens to be sadly), but I've read somewhere that Mares has fixed the problem. Other than the bug, I have no issues with it - looks great, works great in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom