Freediving Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive the Omer Millenium fin and love them. The foot pockets are very sturdy. Hope that helps

I love my Omer Bat fins, But any of the Omer fins are a great investment.

The Omer foot pocket is a little harder rubber and will not flex as much as some of the competition. I believe the Picasso line also would be a harder material. The key to full foot is finding a pocket that fits right. You should be able to wear them with no socks or booties for at least a short period of time without discomfort. Try to find stores that have demos and take them to a pool and give them a try.

Generally most full foot long fins support the foot very well, and transfer more power naturally to the leg than strap fins.

I like Cressi-sub Gara 2000 HF fins. They support my feet well, even though they have one of the softest foot pockets around the heal, toe and top of the foot.

Some divers like to go barefoot. I prefer a neoprene sock for thermal and comfort reasons.

Chad

I only wish I could fit a full foot fin. With a foot that is 14 wide, nothing comes close. I just have to settle for my open heel C4 Falcons.:D

freediver:
I only wish I could fit a full foot fin. With a foot that is 14 wide, nothing comes close. I just have to settle for my open heel C4 Falcons.:D

W/ a 14 wide what do you need fins for?:D

Thanks for all the tips guys, there are so many fins out there it's hard to narrow it down so I appreciate all of your input.

ONESPEED:
W/ a 14 wide what do you need fins for?:D

Thanks for all the tips guys, there are so many fins out there it's hard to narrow it down so I appreciate all of your input.
HaHa! Actually, I can get some pretty good propulsion barefoot, especially when I leave my toenails uncut for a while.:D

The foot pockets in my Picasso Black Teams fins are very good (well shaped and sturdy). I think they work best when worn with a bootie because they're a bit wide.

I have had a set of Escopez for years now and I have been completely satisfied. Dont know if they are still around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom