Sharm El-Sheikh F.A.Q.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redseadiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone,
I'm creating this thread for anyone who has any question about Sharm El-Sheikh .. and i'll be glad to answer whatever question.

P.S. (I live in Sharm El-Sheikh for 3 years now)

hear from u soon.

Some of the questions can be found in the thread I did once and need to update it when will be less busy - it's "tips for all going to Egypt".
Redseadiver - let's do also some of the stuff as "Sharm after diving"...
So our favourite clubs, bars, restaurants.....
And of course Terazzina Beach
:D
Mania
PS. I almost live in Sharm....(I go there every two or three months for the last 4 years)

cool .. ok, tell u about my favorite hang out's,
- BAR .. Tavern Bar and Camel Bar
- Restaurant .. a dozen restaurants, Mexican Rest., Thai Rest., and Abu El-Sid Rest. is such an amazing place to try the local food.
- and then, the best thing after a dinner is to smoke an apple flavor sheesha .. it's always FUN :)

Still i can suggest a lot of stuff for whoever interested to enjoy Sharm El-Sheikh.

Mania, sounds cool u come to Sharm every often .. next time u're in Sharm let me know, i'm inviting u for a Sakkara Beer and smoke some Sheesha :)

My private guide – Sharm el Sheikh after diving

Generally Sharm after diving means Sharm by night as the real life starts there rather late.

My favourite pub is Camel Bar (Camel Hotel, Naama Bay). It’s mainly occupied by diving crowd – instructors, DMs and Brits.

Next is Bus Stop – also good bar. But Bus Stop is not only a bar but first of all a club – Pacha.
Pacha is the famous night club from Ibiza. Sharm’s Pacha is the only Pacha opened in the Middle East and Africa. It’s really worth going there – their parties are great – it’s every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Mainly it’s house music, but Saturday is a Hits Mania.

This way we moved to clubs. There is Hard Rock Café in Sharm but I have not been there mainly because Pacha’s parties are much better.

Somewhere between a club, beach and restaurant is Terazzina Beach. It’s just the opposite the Old Sharm and close to the Travco Marina – port for most of the diving boats. Terazzina is a beach party but not only during the day. Fridays are the night party days. They also have restaurant – great food. Terazzina is loved by Egyptians (mainly form Cairo) and foreigners working or living in Sharm.

In both places (Pacha and Terrazzina) you can meet some local and Egyptian officials and celebrities. In Pacha if you are lucky you can meet Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and his sons, including Gamal the chief of ruling party. Last year for the New Year Party even Mr. Al Fayed (owner of the Harrods) was there.

Another bar worth going is Buddha Bar located in Naama Hotel (Naama Bay). Great sushi and some good music. Perfect place for chill-out evening.

Another restaurants I like.

Lido Hotel (Naama) – new restaurant at the hotel terrace – great place for a romantic evening with the sea view.

Frutti di mare – Safsafa (best grilled jumbo prawns). I like the one that’s in the Old Sharm but there is also another one in Naama.
Sinai Star is also famous for it’s sea food and low prices. But there you have to go before 8pm, otherwise you will have to wait to get a table.
Another see food restaurant (don’t remember the name) is at the end of Naama main street (the one where Camel bar and Pacha are). It’s on the first floor (there are stairs from the street). Great calamari salad.
El Mashi – Lebanese restaurant that belongs to Pacha – great food. I love Lebanese food. It’s one of the most famous cuisine for its unique taste. There are few Lebanese restaurants in Sharm but this is the best.

For local Egyptian food you have to go to Old Sharm Just at the exit from Old Market there is a restaurant which you can’t miss – there is a big grill outside. Great food.
Thanks to RedSeaDiver here goes the name - Al-Masreyin (added by Mania March 6th)

Then when you are in the Old Market you should after the dinner go a bit further and there is a small bar with freshly squeezed fruit juices – delicious. A bit further inside there is a small coffee shop that makes its own coffee. Absolutely best espresso in Sharm. And if you like Turkish coffee buy there some freshly grounded coffee with cardamom.

Last but not least – shisha. I think that the best is in Tche Tche – bar in Pacha.

Some of other entertainment are quads but as I don’t fancy them can’t help you much. I’ve heard that the best are close to Marriott Hotel in Naama. Instead of them I would advice horse riding – Sofitel has horses and you can ride to the desert.

There are of course thousands of shops selling trash for tourists (Nefretete rules) but some have good things. Egyptian cotton is famous so it’s worth getting some Tshirts. Lately I have discover a small shop close to KFC with great pottery.

For the end of the evening you can decide on a romantic walk along the sea which can be done on one of the public beaches (close to Holiday Inn Amforas). Completely wide place and quiet.

And try to avoid the most horrible place – Alf Leila Wa Leila. It’s like the worst Disney palace build in the Magreb style. I have never been there and the place drives me crazy because it doesn’t fit Sharm architecture.

So these are my favorite places that are easily accessed by tourists. There is more of them but they are located in Hadaba – residential part of Sharm. (Sadikiki café – although it has changed lately).
I look forward to yours ideas and places about what to do in Sharm after diving. Something else than staying at the hotel.
Mania
Redsea diver - meshi, we can start with wahda birra

You've said it all Mania.
Well I went to Naama so many times. Lately I decided to change a bit. I went two times to Shark's Bay UMBI, beach cabins accomodation with direct sea view. Really beautiful.
I went once to Nabq but wasn't that good.
Next couple of times I think I'll be camping in Mersa Bereka. Diving in the morning then camping, barbecue, and chatting with friends in the evening. Did you do this camping before?

Redsea diver
No, I didn't go there. But I did camping in Nabq before any hotel was there. During summer Pacha does beach party in Nabq.
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom