sharm dive company ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubblemonkey

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
can anyone recomend a good dive company to dive with end of April in Sharm.
We want a nice relaxed enviroment on a nice boat with dives of a good length, none of the 40mins no matter what stuff.
this is our Honeymoon and we want to dive at least twice a day.

we already have a Hotel so we dont want a live aboard

anyone?? :06:

Emperor Divers
Red Sea College
Camel Dive Club
Sinai Divers

Are all quality dive operations with a pleasant attitude to diving. They also have English speaking dive guides, and are usually limiting dives to 60 mins.

Good luck

cool thanks, will check them out when we get there.

Red Sea College is too big for me. Camel's also decided to go technical as well. Planet Divers - another one. And the one I use Blue Sea Diving centre - smaller but good.
Mania

I've dived with Emperor Divers in Sharm a few times and would strongly reccomend them, the guides are excellent and they are very well organised and friendly

As for accidents - there are few in Dahab because some crazy divers want to do Blue Hole with one tank of 80cf - which is a joke.
Mania

I am not saying that there were no accidents ever, It is the price that goes with large number of clients, and among them one can always expect to find some people who think about themselves as superhuman. Those are the people whose pieces of equipment (or bones) litter the bottom of one of the most fascinating dive sites in the whole world - The Blue Hole in Dahab.

Being that diving in Dahab is far more spectacular than diving in Sharm area (wrecks excluded), I suggest a short trip along the coast of the bay of Aqaba. It is worth it!

PLANET DIVERS is located in Planet Oasis hotel right at the Lightouse Reef in Dahab Bedouin Village.

mania:
As for accidents - there are few in Dahab because some crazy divers want to do Blue Hole with one tank of 80cf - which is a joke.
Mania

It is a joke for most divers. But for a few crazy ones, it is not a joke at all.

Strange, I didn't know there are accidents since the decision to force guided dives all over Egypt. This "law" was supposed to virtually eliminate all accidents caused stup!d divers.

So actually this type of accident is still around?

I remember the days when it was not compulsatory to dive with local guides, and I think that it was much much much more fun, and diving accidents were quite limited mainly to the type of divers that perhaps will do his accident regardless of enforced guided dives.

P.S there are lots of divers who did the blue hole on a single 12L tank. Many of them are still teaching divers in the area :wink:

Jai Bar:
It is a joke for most divers. But for a few crazy ones, it is not a joke at all.

P.S there are lots of divers who did the blue hole on a single 12L tank. Many of them are still teaching divers in the area :wink:

Yes you are right. You can cross the Blue Hole's arch on a single 12L air tank, although it is not advisable. Many things could take place, not just shortage of air.

FYI, the majority of people who died in the Blue Hole were not trying 'do the Blue Hole'. Doing the Blue Hole is to cross the arch. Instead, they went so deep until they experienced CNS O2 toxicity.

Red Sea Shadow:
FYI, the majority of people who died in the Blue Hole were not trying 'do the Blue Hole'. Doing the Blue Hole is to cross the arch. Instead, they went so deep until they experienced CNS O2 toxicity.

That is true. Moreover- some acciddents that happenned in the Canyon during the '70s and '80s, were "accreditted" by the media (probably because of ignorancy) to the more famous and notorious Blue hole.

There is an Israeli documentary film called "Nitrogen Narcosis" about the Blue hole. In the film there are interviews with divers who used to dive there on single 12L tanks, accident survivors, friends of divers who died there. The film ends with video footage taken by a diver who filmed his death at 80+ meters. The corpse- with video camera- was retrieved by the Israeli Navy and was handed to the diver's family, which agreed to use it in the documentary movie. There was a thread about this topic in the "incidents" forum (whether to show such movies or not).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom