Mares Divelogs Export program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DuboisP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello

I'm currently writing a small Windows program to allow export divelogs from the Mares Iris software ( which lacks this feature).
I have a M1 RGBM, but I need divelogs from others Mares computers, specially from the Airlab, Darwin Air and Nemo.
If you have a Mares Iris interface and one of these computers, can you send me the file DIVES.mdb, so I will analyse the supplementary datas to export.
Of course, your logs will be confidential, and I will be happy to receive your requests of features.
The software will be first written in French, and translated in English, and available to anyone for free.

Thanks

DuboisP:
Hello

I'm currently writing a small Windows program to allow export divelogs from the Mares Iris software ( which lacks this feature).
I have a M1 RGBM, but I need divelogs from others Mares computers, specially from the Airlab, Darwin Air and Nemo.
If you have a Mares Iris interface and one of these computers, can you send me the file DIVES.mdb, so I will analyse the supplementary datas to export.
Of course, your logs will be confidential, and I will be happy to receive your requests of features.
The software will be first written in French, and translated in English, and available to anyone for free.

Thanks

So, this software will allow me to export my dive lod to another program and examine it in the other program? Sweet!

Let me know when it's done! I'll even volunteer to be a beta tester, but I only speak english and german.

Ken

DuboisP:
Hello

Thanks

Great work DuboisP. Good luck.
Currently I'm writing a logbook windows program. I need to import logs from different dive computers (Suunto, Mares, UWatec, etc...). Do you know where could I find ready-made libraries for that? My program will be available for free too and I don't mind writing credits for anyone providing help. :wink:

My question is how did you get the IRIS program to work? I've been in contact with Dacor and I have to send it back. If I ever get it to work, I will happily send you the logs.

Notso_Ken:
So, this software will allow me to export my dive lod to another program and examine it in the other program? Sweet!

Let me know when it's done! I'll even volunteer to be a beta tester, but I only speak english and german.

Ken
even in French, it will be very basic and understandable !
If you want to see your dives, you can open the database ( Microsoft Access file format) with Microsoft Access or a compliant program.
The profile is stored in the field called 'Sample' ( it's a memo-big text field).
The 4 first caracters of each group of 16 is the deepth, stored every 20 seconds.
I didn't yet find signification for other 12 caracters

colby:
My question is how did you get the IRIS program to work? I've been in contact with Dacor and I have to send it back. If I ever get it to work, I will happily send you the logs.
What's your problem with your Dacor/Iris interface/Iris software ?

DuboisP:
What's your problem with your Dacor/Iris interface/Iris software ?

After the download status lines gets to the end, an error pops up that there was a communication error and to reload the software. I'm at 2.2.2, tried multiple computers and even a USB-Serial adaptor. No luck. Mares support wants me to send it in, so I am doing that today.

Red Sea Shadow:
Great work DuboisP. Good luck.
Currently I'm writing a logbook windows program. I need to import logs from different dive computers (Suunto, Mares, UWatec, etc...). Do you know where could I find ready-made libraries for that? My program will be available for free too and I don't mind writing credits for anyone providing help. :wink:
Uwatek : I don't know. File format not readable, but other programs exist to directly load the dives.
Suunto Dive Manager 1.6 : you can export all the dives in 4 CSV formated files.
Suunto Dive Manager 2.x : the SDE file is a ZIP file containing a XML file. You can rename it and open it. The D9.mdb file is a MS-Access and/or ODBC readable file; it can be protected with a password following the SDM version, but the password can be found easily.
Mares Iris : no export, but the database file is readable with MS-Access and/or ODBC
Cressi Archimede 1 and 2 : a dive can be exported in CSV formated file

DuboisP:
Uwatek : I don't know. File format not readable, but other programs exist to directly load the dives.
Suunto Dive Manager 1.6 : you can export all the dives in 4 CSV formated files.
Suunto Dive Manager 2.x : the SDE file is a ZIP file containing a XML file. You can rename it and open it. The D9.mdb file is a MS-Access and/or ODBC readable file; it can be protected with a password following the SDM version, but the password can be found easily.
Mares Iris : no export, but the database file is readable with MS-Access and/or ODBC
Cressi Archimede 1 and 2 : a dive can be exported in CSV formated file

Thanks DuboisP. Actually what I was thinking of is to directly download the dives data from different dive computers, not just to import them from files. So I think I need some sort of download protocols in the form of APIs.
Anyway, importing them is much easier I believe. Do you have samples of these files?

Red Sea Shadow:
Thanks DuboisP. Actually what I was thinking of is to directly download the dives data from different dive computers, not just to import them from files. So I think I need some sort of download protocols in the form of APIs.
Anyway, importing them is much easier I believe. Do you have samples of these files?
I can send you some sample files.
But you can also download these different programs from the manufacturers and install them. It will give you the same files.
As you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom