Naples/Capri in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I was directed to this forum in hopes of some personal experiences and information on diving Capri and/or Naples. I found a few related threads with my same questions, but not many answers. We are visiting for a couple of days the first week of April, we probably only have a half day to dive, what should we not miss? Will it be too cold? Any diveshop recommendations? We will be renting everything. Any information is appreciated!!

TY :bfish:

I did my OWD open water training with http://www.sorrentodivingcenter.it/

Friendly nice staff and good diving sites in nature reserve area. I recommend them and would dive again with them.

I can't remember its proximity to Capri, but has anyone ever dove the Blue Grotto? I think that would be an awesome dive!

Blue Grotto is in/on/under Capri. Not sure how to refer to its location.

If your steaming over to capri- off to the right side of the harbour is a tiny cave entrance- The Blue Grotto. You slip in in a row boat - there will be a hanfull of guys in the harbour willing to take you over - Not sure if you can scuba- you can certainly swim or just jump in.

But on the otther side of the Island at Marina Piccoli there is a beach caban set up and they have a dive outfit. very cool- you head out in a zodiac and can certainly dive some other grottos. Ma e' costono molto per il giorno.....

I went with Centro Sub in Positano which is probably a great location if you only have a short time. You can do a 1/2 day with this guy and then catch the high speed ferry to Capri right there in Positano. Another option is to have him take you to Capri to dive and take the ferry back. You should not miss capri (or about 10 other places on the Amalfi coast..... beg, borrow or steal more time).

Only thing I could find on the web:
http://www.casaceleste.net/centro_sub_positano.htm

He has a little cabana on the smaller of the 2 beaches in Positano. My brother used the same guy for 2 days about a year ago and they also had a great time.

Hey CM. I live in Naples and dive here all the time. I just dove last night with my 5mm suit and was fine. Many Italians do not like the cold water but I am from Michigan and swam in Lake Superior all the time as a kid so I dont mind. The weather here has recently turned so the water will definately be warming up in the next few weeks. Capri is a nice dive. Do not expect many fish though as the waters here are way overfished. I have dove in Sorrento (close to Naples) and loved it. There is a protected area which has large pelagics and many schools. I will try and remember the areas name. The positive thing about the diving here is the number of octopus in the water. Also Capri has beautiful coral formations which is a must see. Be warned though that everything on Capri is expensive. Just my 2 cents. Email me at hadden724@yahoo.com if you have any more questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom