Wing question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JT2

Reaction score
Does anyone know if wings from back inflation BC's, such as te Zeagls can be mounted to a standard backplate? I am about to order a new Fred T plate and I am probably going to order a Halcyon Pioneer 36# wing as I will be diving singles for now, but I was just curious about the Zeagle wings since I have a brand new 65# Zeagle wing that I was talked into buying about a year ago because the LDS had a "good deal" on one of them that someone ordered for diving steel doubles, WOW can you even imagine doing that in a Ranger???? Anyway, I am just curious if they would mount the same???

Do they have two grommetted (is that a word?) holes along the centerline of the BC 11” apart? If so, yes, it'll fit on a BP.

Roak

The holes in the zeagle are in the backpack not the wing. Even if you can slip the bp in you are stuck with the entire zeagle bc. IMO that would defeat the purpose.

Mike,

I have a Ranger and have always wondered how you would attach the banded doubles. It seems as though the bolt would be placed directly into your back? Has any one ever seen this done? I would not attempt this but it is very curious.

Thanks,
Eric

I started life with a ranger and did use it with doubles. The bolts do not hit your back because they don't extend past the tanks. You will lose some width in the back pack though as the bolts will pull the center of the pack in between the tanks. Zeagle also has extra long cam bands that you can use with or instead of the bolts. some of the reasons I switched to a bp/wing are:

No place to mount a canister light.

no good place to mount backup lights.

The bladder is partially between you and your doubles so if air is in the bladder the tanks get pushed farher away making it harder to reach the valves.

Not rigid enough. Its bad enough with a single tank sliding around but when a heavy set of doubles shifts you get pushed around

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom