El Hierro Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markw

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or information on diving off El Hierro in the Canary Islands. Web search has proved fruitless but there are supposed to be a few dive operations on this island. Likewise the diving is supposed to be very good.

Any Info gratefully received

MarkW

Hi MarkW.

One of my journalists just went there and wrote a nice story on diving there.
I can send you the contacts of the operators there, if you want them.
If you speak Spanish, I can also tell you where to look for this info.
Just let me know.
Cheers

Hi Mark,
I am headding over there on homeymoon, at the recommendation of several of my dive club members. I have booked with Shane Grey, an Irish guy. Here is the link:http://www.shane-gray.com/ and his phone number is: (+34) 922 719261, email: sdwtenerife@arrakis.es

Shane is great at emailing back and will organise transport and accommodation if needed.

Shane uses the dive op. at a place called La Restinga, and organises a good trip.
Was there 18 months ago, lovely diving and great food.

Enjoy!

Seadeuce

Hi Mark. Do it. It is a beautiful place, a bit hard to get there compared to other Canaries' spots so it keeps nice and unspoilt. The island itself is like going back in time

Guys who have been to El Heirro:

I know it is a small island - but how small? For example does El Heirro have good bars to "redecompress" in?!! Also eateries, shops etc? Should we bring some supplies from the mainland? If so, what? What was your favorite dive site?

I have a friend who lives on Tenerife and although I've never been to the Canaries, I have read a bit on them.

From what I understand, El Hierro is accomodating to tourists but not in the way Tenerife and Grand Canaria are. It isn't like an isolated island where you'd have to bring provisions, there are bars, restaurants and hotels but more of the "local" variety. Not a bad thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom