To any diver in Portugal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nunomix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

I am a Portuguese guy living in the Netherlands. I just started diving more frequently now here in the Netherlands. At this moment, I am trying to do at least two dives a week.

I find that in the Netherlands this is very easy to do. There are a lot of infrastructures to dive and, mainly, plenty of dive clubs (non-profitable) you can join for a small amount a year. I must say my experience sofar over here has been great with this. It is true I paid a lot of money for my equipment but at least now I do not have to pay anything everytime I go diving.

In some months I will be going back to Portugal and I was looking for similar clubs over there. The best I could get were "diving clubs" which basically would charge you around 20EUR a dive. I guess a dive club would mean that you dont have to be paying for everytime you dive. Something like an association.

I am wrong in my findings? Are there indeed diving clubs which are not in the end of the day a diving school / store trying to get some profit out of it?

Additionally, are there any technical diving schools in Portugal? Couldnt find anything?

Thank you

Nuno

Carlos Carvalho:
I guess you are basically right in your findings…

Technical dive schools actually there are plenty of them.

The www.planeta-sub.com, a Portuguese scuba portal (registration required), might help you in your search.

That is a pitty. Dont understand that a country with so many difficulties, in the end is more expensive than other countries. When will that change?

Can you give me some names / internet sites of technical diving schools in the area of Lisbon? Which association do they normally follow? GUE? others?

In the Lisbon area you have about 15 schools (maybe more) that can offer technical courses, you will find their websites indicated in the portal referred in the previously post.

Mainly you have TDI, IANTD and DSAT schools. GUE training is also possible, but there are no schools, but a group (www.dir-portugal.com) that has organized already some Dir-F training course with as English instructor.

Specifically with TDI you could look at http://www.tdisdiportugal.com.pt/

Back
Top Bottom