Gauge reads high

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
My scubapro mini-gauge has been reading 300 psi high for over a year. Is that really a big problem? Somebody said it is because all of a sudden it will stick. Can they be fixed or is it time for a new one? I kept thinking I was getting great fills, special just for me...guess not.

I don't think it can be fixed but ScubaPro has great warranties, have you tried talking with them?
btw; Diver Diver are you Ok? I'm here to rescue you :glassez:

luft:
I LOVE your website!

thanks, the girl who did it is very good. My photography is not technically too great but I get some good shots just by being there and having a decent camera! Also, I like going to look for things. (monk seals, sharks, etc)

I will talk to Scubapro dealer. good idea.

ianr33:
IF it reads 300 psi high over the entire range then it will make no difference when calculating SAC rates.

You are right if it is consistently inaccurate. Still all the same would you trust a gage that has an inherent malfunction? I know if I found that my gage was inaccurate I would not feel comfortable doing any of my calculations based on its reading. Who knows to what extent the malfunction is? I would take it the shop and have it checked out.

AquaHump:
You are right if it is consistently inaccurate. Still all the same would you trust a gage that has an inherent malfunction? I know if I found that my gage was inaccurate I would not feel comfortable doing any of my calculations based on its reading. Who knows to what extent the malfunction is? I would take it the shop and have it checked out.

All such gauges are inaccurate. And all clocks are wrong. The question is what difference does it make and can the user adjust for the difference.

Mine reads 200psi lower than reality. I've been diving it this way for more than 3 years. I like it this way 'cause I can constantly whine about the "short fills" and then dive my tank lower than I should without feeling guilty. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom