Nikonos - still popular?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TropicRat

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Since the intro of so many photo alternatives, I was wondering if there is still much interest in the Nikonos V. I never used mine much at all, but recognize. It still has a host of uses and is a really good unit for inclement weather and for extreme outdoor purposes.

TropicRat:
Since the intro of so many photo alternatives, I was wondering if there is still much interest in the Nikonos V. I never used mine much at all, but recognize. It still has a host of uses and is a really good unit for inclement weather and for extreme outdoor purposes.

There is more interest in the earlier models. (The Nikonos, II, III and Calypso)

Let me know when you're putting it on eBay so we don't post at the same time and compete against each other. :wink:

They are good for whitwater, etc., but are extremely limited by the lack of wide angle lens for above water use. I tried them for a while for this use but finally put my 18mm lens and Nikon F into an ammo case fitted with 1/4" tempered glass.

I am told that http://www.nikonimaging.com/global/products/filmcamera/underwater/rs/index.htm can be used to murder Colonel Mustard in the Library.

If I sell will likely try a scuba site first.

You go first..... if selling on e-bay.

The V is in perfect shape was in water twice & Have a Seconic meter, 35mm& 80 mm lens, extention tubes - never in water. Also original manual and the hard cover J & C Church manual. including a Helix strobe (used twice).

I have seen these things go at $200 to $500 depending on condition. What's your estimate of a possible going price, whats your price??

TropicRat:
You go first..... if selling on e-bay.What's your estimate of a possible going price, whats your price??

There are an unlimited market of buyers on eBay. I never package anything there, always piece by piece. Lens, body, strobe, etc.

Look at www.keh.com for http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/BrandTableOfContent.aspx and search for Nikonos, etc.

I firmly believe that if propery "displayed" on eBay, the system will tell you what the item was suppoosed to sell for!

I'll give you $35 on the spot for the Sekonic. And $15 for shipping. PayPal.

All the best, James

The Nikonos used to rule the roost, but digital pretty much put an end to that. That said, I recently got myself some Nikonos stuff on eBay. Why? The Nikonos is simple and the optics are amazing. I do 1-2 trips a year. I'd rather not deal with diopters, lens gears, etc.

In December I got a Nikonos V body with 35mm lens. The 35mm makes a great paperweight. Then I found a 15mm lens w/ viewfinder for a little over $600. Granted I can't see the results immediately, you can't argue with the quality of the lens. The 15 is sharp, sharp, sharp.

DesertEagle:
The Nikonos used to rule the roost, but digital pretty much put an end to that. That said, I recently got myself some Nikonos stuff on eBay. Why? The Nikonos is simple and the optics are amazing. I do 1-2 trips a year. I'd rather not deal with diopters, lens gears, etc.

In December I got a Nikonos V body with 35mm lens. The 35mm makes a great paperweight. Then I found a 15mm lens w/ viewfinder for a little over $600. Granted I can't see the results immediately, you can't argue with the quality of the lens. The 15 is sharp, sharp, sharp.

Unless your a camera tech your self, I would advise having it gone through and having the non user replacable O-rings replaced. A flood in a Nik V will turn it into a paper weight real fast. I use Subaquatic out of Salinas California. They have treated me right.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom