http://www.diveheart.org/

Filipino divers, please help my friend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Delphinus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
(Moderator note: Due to the special nature of this thread an exception has been made to the duplicate posts rule and this thread is posted in two forums)

Hello fellow divers, particularly those of Filipino ethnicity....

A non-diving-related plea... A good friend of mine is battling cancer for the second time, and this time her only hope is a bone marrow transplant. Unfortunately, as a Filipina, she needs a donor NOW who is all or part Filipino, and Filipinos are gravely under-represented on the National Marrow Donor Registry. Her only hope is to get the word out to the Filipino community—but each day she loses looking for a match, her chances of surviving drop. Anyone who is all or part Filipino and between the ages of 18 and 61 is a potential donor. Please see her Web site to read more about her plight, learn more about donating, and find your nearest registration location.

Please help her—and the many other Filipinos who are in a desperate situation like hers—and sign up to become a bone marrow donor. Signing up is easy—you just fill out a simple application, and the blood test is FREE for all minorities. Signing up to be a donor does not obligate you to donate any bone marrow. You do not have to make the decision to donate until an actual match is found.

Just think, a little paperwork and one little pinprick on your finger, plus the time you take out of your day to do it, could make all the difference in saving someone's life. Visit Christine's Web site, or call the National Marrow Donor Registry TODAY at 1-800-MARROW2 (1-800-627-7692).

img_1137979283_14846_1138840306.jpg

Delphinus,

My thoughts and prayers go out to Christine. I feel helpless not being able to do anything direct, but I've forwarded your message to my Uncle who's a Pastor for the Filipino Community in SoCal.

I wish Christine all the best in her fight.

Even if you aren't Filipino it's a good thing to go ahead and have yourself in the national donor database. You never can tell when you may be a match that'll save a life.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Even if you aren't Filipino it's a good thing to go ahead and have yourself in the national donor database. You never can tell when you may be a match that'll save a life.
Rick
If you're not from the US, can you still be part of the database? (I can use a US address)

edit: actually, nevermind I'll just check the site

Back
Top Bottom