How do you keep your bungied reg from freeflowing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had slight freeflow problem with both octo holder at waist and then with bungied rig. At least with the bungie, I would correct if faster. Finally gave the oriface on my SP R190 a 30 deg turn clockwise. It breathes just slightly harder in the pool and no more freeflow. IP was around 135. Unless it is over spec, I believe it is easier and better to detune the 2nd.

I use an Oceanic Delta III as my backup, turning it down with the adjust on the second stage does the trick for me without having to detune anything else after i took it out of the box.

cybordolphin once bubbled...
What is your IP on your bungied reg set at... mine freeflows due to being inverted around my neck.
When you first get in, turn in mouthpiece down, then slowly rotate it to a horizontal position, then on to mouthpiece up, allowing the reg to fill with water. Once filled with water it won't freeflow from the mouthpiece up position. Of course, if you accidentally purge it or put it in a strong current it'll start and won't stop 'til you stop it. Also, if you have a detune lever like my Micra does, set that to "-" - you'll probably never notice any difference if you have to breathe it, but if you do you can flip it back to "+" easily.
Rick

My IP is set to 130 on an Apeks TX50. Only had 1 problem, and that was being towed behind a scooter.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom