Scubapro Quick-disconnect and Cleaning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know if it is safe to submerge a hose into water for cleaning with the quick-disconnect disconnectied. Same for the first-stage? I use the older model Scubapro quick-disconnect--one piece goes into the HP port of the first-stage, the other piece goes on the end of the HP hose (the end opposite the computer). In this configuration, the hose remains attached to the computer not the first-stage. I'm wondering if both open or raw ends of the quick-disconnect are water-tight when disconnected? Can I plunge the computer and hose-cum-quick-disconnect directly into water? Can I plunge the first-stage--with the raw/open end of the quick-disconnect exposed--into water (there is a small plastic cap on the first-stage quick-disconnect piece, but this is not water-tight--it is more like a dust cap to keep dirt out)? Thanks.

mahjong

mahjong:
Does anyone know if it is safe to submerge a hose into water for cleaning with the quick-disconnect disconnectied. Same for the first-stage? I use the older model Scubapro quick-disconnect--one piece goes into the HP port of the first-stage, the other piece goes on the end of the HP hose (the end opposite the computer). In this configuration, the hose remains attached to the computer not the first-stage. I'm wondering if both open or raw ends of the quick-disconnect are water-tight when disconnected? Can I plunge the computer and hose-cum-quick-disconnect directly into water? Can I plunge the first-stage--with the raw/open end of the quick-disconnect exposed--into water (there is a small plastic cap on the first-stage quick-disconnect piece, but this is not water-tight--it is more like a dust cap to keep dirt out)? Thanks.

mahjong

I had to dig mine out of the things I don't use any more box to check. The part attached to the 1st stage is sealed. The part attached to the hose is not.

Thanks AWAP...I have the original instructions and you would think that the instructions would warn that the part attached to the hose is not sealed. A tiny bit of water in that hose could blow the face off my computer the next time I opened air into it. But there is no mention at all about this issue in the instructions. I really can't figure that one out. mahjong

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom