New Ike housing question for D70

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No Fish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have ordered the iTTL housing for my D70, 6 inch dome port, DS125 strobe. I have the 18-70 lens. I understand I may need a 4 diopter correction? if so, why....??? Any help is appreciated.

No Fish:
I have ordered the iTTL housing for my D70, 6 inch dome port, DS125 strobe. I have the 18-70 lens. I understand I may need a 4 diopter correction? if so, why....??? Any help is appreciated.

You may or may not. Unfortunately, I don't have that setup. You may want to try wetpixel.com.

The 6" dome port *should* be enough. My suggestion is to contact Ikelite, and ask them!

It has to do with how lenses focus underwater. Lenses that don't have close focus may need diopters. I also don't think that +4 is a magic rule, different lenses may do better with different diopters.

The 18-70mm focuses to 15". I'm not sure if that's constant, but maybe not as it's a rather low end lens.

Hope this helps even if it does not answer your question, you have a start.

The Ike website does say you need one for the 6" port but as Ron said, just give them a call. They know their stuff.

I didn't get a clear answer. I checked wetpixel and that helped too. I think I need one ....

Thanks.

I will be in Indy tomorrow, Maybe I will stop in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom