clearing ears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laserdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have always been slow to clear my ears.After a few dives I can go down faster. The first dive may take me about 5 min to get down to 50 feet. Has anyone ever used those Doc's pro plugs for their ears?????

Are you guys getting paid to advertise for this product? I keep seeing the same post popo up every day or two. Personally, I feel that if this is how the inventor needs to get word out about the things, then they must not work very well at all. Otherwise people would not need the money as an incentive to spread the word.

If you really want to know about Doc's PM me and I will tell you my experience with them.

I dont use them but my mom and a buddy of mine swares by them. Although I have heard some people complain that they are junk. The two people I know have nothing but praise for them. Thats just my experence with them.

tjmills:
If you really want to know about Doc's PM me and I will tell you my experience with them.

Would be nice if you would share your experiences with all of us. Isn't that what this forum is for?

-- Dan

Zippsy:
Are you guys getting paid to advertise for this product? I keep seeing the same post popo up every day or two.
The succession of posts on this topic does seem a little choreographed, but maybe I'm a cynic.

livingstone:
Would be nice if you would share your experiences with all of us. Isn't that what this forum is for?
-- Dan
Search for "Doc's proplugs" and you'll find an exhaustive discussion on the topic.

tjmills:
Hey guys,

He did actually email (PM) me a couple days after this but didn't hear back again.
I followed some of the links and got my questions answered. Went out and bought some for myself and the girlfriend. Diving devils den in a few weeks and will try them at that time

For those of you who may want a cheaper "fix" to clearing your ears, pick up a swimmer's nose clip and wear it under your mask. Dr. Hans Hass used this in the 1940s and 1950s. I've started using it for effortless clearing of the ears while my hands are otherwise occupied. If you don't want to buy them, simply start snorkeling in a pool used by swim teams, and pick them off the bottom (I've gotten about a dozen that way). They do work, as do most probable the advertised product, but cannot make a complete seal or your won't be able to equilize your mask--you'll got a mask squeeze (not funny either).

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom