25m underwater in 3 strokes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richies

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Some time ago I saw an mpeg of a freediver swimming the entire 25m length of a pool underwater in only 3 strokes.
Has anyone else seen this, and if so, can you please tell me where you saw it? I can't for the life of me find it anywhere!

Thanks

r

With a kick off the side and enough weights to hold me nuetral with a full breath, I'm pretty sure I could. You do mean a frog kick and arm stroke counted as one stroke?

I seem to remember he didn't kick off the side, and he was wearing one of those skin-tight body suits, without weights, and I don't remember if he did a normal breast-stroke or something like this guy: http://www.flurl.com/uploaded/166m_underwater_6901.html

I managed the 25m the other night, but it took me about 8 strokes!

This guy is doing it in about 5 strokes but he's still moving fairly fast when he does his next stroke, obvioulsy if he's going for a distance record. but if he glided to almost a stop between strokes I'd guess he can cover the pool length in three of those strokes.

Back
Top Bottom