Switzerland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Polpessa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm looking for any info about dive centres and dive sites in Switzerland, especially around Basel, if possible. I am Open Water certified. Thanks!

Polpessa

Greetings from a Swiss in New Jersey!

Diving in Switzerland. Hmmm ...

1. Diving the Ticino Rivers (Verzasca) - Probably the best the Swiss diving has to offer
2. Swiss Mountain Lakes (with crystal clear water)
2. Swiss lakes: Walensee, Bodensee, Lake Zurich - All cold and dark, but some interesting geological formations and drop offs
3. I'm not sure if there is any decent diving in the Basel area - Though there is diving in some parts of the Rhine River (e.g. in Stein am Rhein)

Dive Shops - I don't know any in your area. If you happen to be close to Zurich. Drop by at Dive Academy in Horgen - Excellent Service (Say hi to Bettina from Raymond!). www.diveacademy.ch

Ray

Hello from Switzerland to NJ! Your information was helpful, I appreciate it.

You certainly are adventurous!

I'm sure there are a few diving centres on Lac de Genève, but I would never dream of coming to Switzerland to dive!

Do you know that the biggest ratio between divers and total population in Europe is in Switzerland?

chiara said
Do you know that the biggest ratio between divers and total population in Europe is in Switzerland?

Do you mean that Switzerland has the most divers per thousand people, or the fewest?

Z

Kudos to the Swiss, then... no oceans, but lots of divers. Friends of mine have just moved there, I'll have to let them know.

Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom