Do you use a crotch strap?

• Yes

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
I just purchased an OMS IPaq BP. Turns out it has a crotch strap. I did not use it on my first couple of dives since it's hard to put on while in the water. On my last shore dive, I used it, but it was very uncomfortable.

I really did not notice any difference between using one and not using one. I guess if you go upside down you may notice a difference, but for normal diving do you really need to use one?

Seems more trouble than it's worth.

Crotch strap? Yes, I use one on every backplate dive.

Yes... it allows the shoulders straps to be looser. When the waist strap is tightened down with the crotch straps the shoulder staps tighten up... when the waist and crotch straps are released the shoulder straps loosen again. This makes donning and doffing very easy.

But the main reason I use the crotch strap is for the scooter D ring.

have crotch straps... and I love them! I am one with my BC during the dive. My Chute II does not... although I ordered it (way to complex- it is two pieces, one for each thigh)... and I never feel as secure in it. It is what I do most of my teaching in, so I feel pretty confident in it.

Everything I own gets a crotch strap. I like my rig to stay put.

I use one and I consider being upside down part of normal diving. On almost every dive it seems I am inverted looking in holes or under plates for bugs. As said above, I like my gear secure. One other benefit for me was when I had my weight belt buckle pop open my crotch stap caught my weight belt.

Ty

Oh. You mean for diving?

This isn't the fetish board??!!

JamesK once bubbled...
Everything I own gets a crotch strap.

:jester: Trying to picture one on your hood. :D

wch once bubbled...

:jester: Trying to picture one on your hood. :D

LMAO!! Maybe I should have clarfied that! :D

Back
Top Bottom