tow harnes for Seadoo Scooter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phylo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I was wondering if any one had tried to put a tow harnes on there seadoo, you like you would with a Gavin/X-Scooter??

I was thinking of two possibilities.

1. to tie off to the handles, this seems like the easiest way. But it also seems like it would be the most problematic.

2. Putting some holes in the prop shroud and using a bit of stainless or aluminium to create an atachement point for the tow harnes..

Any suggestions??

thanks
Phil

Uh, yeah, hang ten and I get ya a pic in a bit. Not a Seadoo but maybe it will help you. N

This is a stainless plate that is attached to the shroud of my Tekna with two stainless bolts. The strap is an old tie down strap converted to a tow strap. This is a new strap. The previous one was just a rope. I have two plastic(oh God--don't tell the Tech police) snap buckles on each side and these are used to adjust the strap length. the brass snap is going to be sewn in. Don't worry about metal on metal or plastic or whatever, the Ol'SeaHawk goes through stuff like that as if it were hot butter. N

The sea doo barely has enough power to pull 1 diver. Why would you want to?

so that you can use the scooter with one hand and also to relieve arm fatigue.

They may not have much power, but they allow you to cover a hell of a lot of ground.

It makes shore dives a little but easier.

Phil

P.S. I worked out a great harnes system and will be posting pics soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom