Diving in Lanzarote

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leswaller

New
Reaction score
I have recently returned from organising and taking part in a club diving week to Lanzarote. Some of the good things about Lanzarote in the winter are that the weather is relatively good (average 20C) the water is relatively warm (18C) and there is a great diving centre right on the quayside at Puerta Calera. This dive centre is known as Island WaterSports and has to be one of the best holiday dive centres I have come across in my diving career. The gear is renewed regularly, the guides are good without being overbearing, customer service relating to all the little extras such as airport pickups is excellent, and they even have hot showers with free shower gel!!.

The diving is also first class using the centre’s own inboard powered RIB, which can comfortably take eight divers and all their gear. There is a good and varied range of dives for all experiences with wrecks, walls, reefs, holes and caverns from depths of about 15m to whatever depth you fancy. Most of the dives are within 15minutes or so of Island WaterSports base and so it is very easy to return to the quay for a surface interval over a leisurely lunch at one of the many waterside snack bars.

I have been visiting and diving Lanzarote regularly for almost ten years and found Island Water Sports about three years ago after having tried most of the other dive centres on the island. I really can recommend them and if anyone is interested have a look at their website, which is http://www.divelanzarote.com

Back
Top Bottom