OceanLog Runtime error "383" and other ills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ocpaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering if anyone else has had problems getting an error message that says "Runtime error '383' "Text' property is read only" when using OceanLog 2.0X or Aeries 2.02 software.

In OceanLog I get this message and the software closes when I am in the gear section and select a gear setup already saved.

In Aeries I get this whenever as soon as I try to load dive (not yet able to load even first dive).

I have run DAO350.dll to no avail. Have left an e-mail (yesterday) and phone message (today) for Oceanic without a response yet. They say they will respond in 2 business days, but I am just getting impatient.

A couple of other gripes:

1. Average depth on each dive is obviously not correctly calculated.
2. Maximum depth shown in Statistics section of History is obviously not correct
3. If I put in tank size it should be pretty easy to calculate SAC if average depth calculation is fixed.
4. Give me control of lifetime dive #!!!!

Looking forward to hearing if anyone has run into and solved the Runtime error "383" problem.

Thanks for your help.

Wondering if you guys are making any progress on the Runtime Error 383 problems I have been experiencing?

Doug,

I have not heard from anyone on these issues yet. It has been 8 days since I sent e-mail inquiry, 1 week since I left a voice mail (two day response promised) and almost a week since I posted this problem on Scubaboard.

Can I every expect anyone to respond?

OC

Doug Krause:
I have passed your post on to our development group and will post an answer here as soon as I am able.

Doug has been in England training some Oceanic dealers over there. He is the guy when it comes to this stuff.

I'm sure he'll get back to you asap.

Wish I could help, The program works fine for me on both desk and laptop.

OK - have posted a patch to the web site, addressing this specific error and a number of other things including SAC calculations. If you're already using 2.0.0, just download the patch - please let me know what you think.

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/services_software.html

Thanks for all of the feedback, keep it coming.

Doug

Doug,

Downloaded both Oceanic and Aeris versions and quickly tested both. A couple of quick observations:

1. Average depth calculation APPEARS to be correct - or maybe I should say reasonable. I haven't checked in detail but at least it looks like it is more or less where it should be.

2. SAC calculations are not correct.

3. Tank volume does not appear to be used in any of the calculations. If I enter the tank volume I should then be able to get RMV, assuming you can get the SAC calculation working correctly.

4. Still would like to be able to insert the correct lifetime dive number.

5. It appears that the database can easlily lose its indexing. For instance I downloaded data for 15 dives and initially the numbering made sense. After adding some date for tank sizes, locations, tank sizes etc. I noticed that all of the sudden one of the dives had been duplicated and one of the dives was no longer in the list. I then tried to delete one of the duplicated dives and that resulted in further confusion with respect to the dives currently saved. All said, this is a pain in the ***! It is particularly frustrating to hand enter data only to find that the data base seems to self-corrupt and no easy way to fix.

Looks like you have quite a few more steps to take!

Back
Top Bottom