Help me set up my rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ckharlan66

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I got my Halcyon Pioneer rig today and I am working on getting it adjusted, but, I have a few questions.

1. Should the waist strap go straight across or should I position it where my pants go? If I put the plate high on my back like I think it is suppose to be then the waist strap goes across my gut.

2. How tight should the crotch strap be?

4. How much tail should I leave on the waist strap after it goes through the buckle?

Thanks for the help.

Chad

1. Should the waist strap go straight across or should I position it where my pants go? If I put the plate high on my back like I think it is suppose to be then the waist strap goes across my gut.

The top of the plate should go on your 2nd vertebrae. A good test is to put your plate and harness on without a tank and see if you can reach behind your head and touch the plate.

How tight should the crotch strap be?

Not too tight, but not too loose either... :rolleyes: that's about the best I can do...comfortable, but not too loose. The idea is to keep the rig from moving too much.

How much tail should I leave on the waist strap after it goes through the buckle?

I left just enough to go through the crotch strap loop - looks like 6 inches or so.

Thanks for the help.

Chad

First, get the harness setup at the 2nd vertebrae and as tight as it needs to be. Then, fit the crotch strap. Once you are done with that, move all your d-rings around because they will be all messed up now. Once you are finished with all that, then trim the excess webbing and melt the ends.

I just finished up my DIR Fundamentals class, and got readusted on day 1. I thought I had it tight already... I was wrong, I had tight redefined for me :wink:

O-ring is accurate. You should be able to touch the top of the plate w/yer fingers reaching back. This will probably result in the shoulder straps feeling tight as hell but you wont notice it in the water.

As far as the crotch strap goes... shouldnt be tight but not loose either. If the crotch strap pulls the waist strap down into a V its too tight.

Have fun... yer gonna love it!

Thanks again.

I can't wait to get it set up and try it out this weekend.

Chad

I just finished up my DIR Fundamentals class, and got readusted on day 1

Who was on hand from GUE? MHK and Andrew?

One more addition... chest D-rings should sit right on top of your clavical. This was higher that I originally thought but works much better under water when your blind clipping off.

Hip d-ring is essentially ontop or just behind the peak of your hip bone.

are we talking about? C2 or T2?

O-ring once bubbled...

Who was on hand from GUE? MHK and Andrew?

Nick Foster - Awesome teacher. How did I like the class? Absolutely a must do... it would be worth twice the price. I thought I knew my stuff... I got corrected... alot :wink:

You will, without a doubt be a 100% better after those 3 days than you thought possible, but you'll still think you suck. Your bar will be raised (and high).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom