Northern Ill. and Wisconsin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrox Junkie

Great Lakes diver
Reaction score
I am originally from Michigan and now reside in In
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anyone dove the quarry in very northern part of ill? I cant think of the name but it was a feature in an issue of dive training magazine a couple of years ago. Also has anyone dove the wreck of the milwaukee off lake michigans western shore? And if so where should I go for a good charter over there? Any info would be appreciated. Jeff Greatlakes diver

Jeff,
I have an instructor friend who owns a dive shop. Her and her husband both dive the Lake Michigan wrecks on a regular basis. They also do the quarries.
Email me directly and I'll give you her number.
I'm Natasha708@aol.com
:sunny:

Haigh Quarry in Kankakee, 4 hours for $20. Spring fed quarry of 12 acres in a park like ... 932-4183
Address 2738 E 2000 North Road Kankakee, IL 60901 Hours Open Mon thru Sat

lake wazee in black river falls is hands down 1 of the midwest's best dive site avg vis is 50-100ft. it has the full range of dives from new to old divers.

Jeff,

If you are still looking for the name of a Northern IL quarry, I just got certified last weekend at Pearl Lake (just north of Rockford off I-90.)

They have several wrecks to explore including a 30 foot cabin cruiser, an airplane and a school bus all in 30 to 40 foot of water. They also have a restaurant, air fill station, rental equipment, and a beach and campground if you want to bring family or friends. Entrance fee $15 for divers and $6(?) for non-divers.

Scott
I think that might be it. Is this a quarry? The one that was in Dive Training Magazine was a quarry. Other than that it sounds like it is in the right area, just south of the wisconsin border. Let me know. Is the plane a military jet? Thanks for the response. Jeff

yall thinking of mermet springs in southern ill.

No that is not the one that I am looking for. I do however know of the one that you speak of. I have been wanting to do it but that is quite a drive from Battle Creek MI>. The one is just off of I-90 north of Chicago just south of the wisconsin boarder. I will have to get out my dive training mag's and take a look. Thanks though. Jeff greatlakes diver

Jeff,
The one you are thinking of is indeed, Pearl Lake. If you read above, "Popcorn" was certified there.
Have fun.
:sunny:

Ok, I just wanted to thank everyone for all the info, now all I have to do is get over to Chicago and dive..... Jeff, Greatlakes diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom