Citizen Watch Warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought a Aqualand Duplex watch from Leisure Pro 2 years ago. I need warranty service. I emailed them about it and they told me to send it to Citizen for warranty service. Question, has any ScubaBoard member had any experience in getting a Citizen Dive watch fixed under warranty that was purchased through Leisure Pro? Citizen told me to send it in but didn't say if they would or wouldn't fix it under warranty.

Thanks for any input

Scubajim,

Don't know if this will work for you, but I registered my Hyper Aqualand with Citizen (over the internet) when I first purchased from LP. I was told that they would respect the warantee for the first 24 mo, but after that charges would apply unless I purchased extended coverage. I did not, so now I have to pay for a battery change.

The battery now requires changing and they sent me the forms (after inquiry) to complete it, but it's all on my own now. Go to the Citizen web site to get the info on your watch. I have been very happy with my Citizen so far.

Hope this helps. Good luck with you watch.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
MM1 :14:

We just sent my DH's Citizen Aqualand back for Warranty service. They told us the same thing that they couldn't determine if it was warranty or not until they saw it. We got it back 3 weeks later with a "no charge" on the invoice. They also noted that they checked it thoroughly for waterproofness, which was cool.

We completely eliminated the need for battery changes with our Citizen dive watches since we bought the light powered ones. :)

Just a thought on replacing batteries....you may find a local repair fac. that can replace and Nitrogen test your watch for you for around $25 on the spot. I have done this a couple times since I've had mine. Don't know what the factory is charging but it probably costs more than that with just shipping and insurance. If I remember correctly, a lot of Sears stores are capable of this or can recommend someone local.

Back
Top Bottom